Native media flags only shows correctly after media played once if video is in RAR?
Question 
hello,

I'm using XBMC revision 21846 on Ubuntu 9.04 (i686), and I'm having a small problem with the media flags. They show up correctly after I've played the media once, before that only some flags are shown.

I've tried rescanning the whole library, but problem persists. Same thing for both movies and TV-shows.

Am I doing something wrong? Does it matter what type of skin I'm using while scanning the media? When I view the media flags I use the Transparency skin, version 1.00.

Thanks in advance!
Found out why...

Some movies had the flags without the "movie start method", so i looked for differences. Turns out the movies without the flags were in RAR-archives. I guess XBMC can't read audio/video codec information when scanning for media in that case.
Only if they're compressed rar's (which quite frankly, is silly).

Stored rar's are automatically handled by XBMC.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok, well, that explains my "problem", thanks
Question 
Does xbmc automatically flag rar files or do I have to extract the file from the rar's for xbmc to be able to pickup all the flags??
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Same question as I asked?
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55362
junk Wrote:Same question as I asked?
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55362

how do I know if they are compressed or notHuh

Also is there a tool to be able to extract the file from the rar files that are stored in multiple folders? I have all my movies in their own folders however most of them are in rar and I would like to extract them wihtout having to go to each folder and extract it.

would this tool work? Unpacker
why do you wanna extract em?
zwat Wrote:why do you wanna extract em?

'cause he wants the media flags to appear if I have understood him correctly

rflores2323 Wrote:how do I know if they are compressed or notHuh

Also is there a tool to be able to extract the file from the rar files that are stored in multiple folders? I have all my movies in their own folders however most of them are in rar and I would like to extract them wihtout having to go to each folder and extract it.

would this tool work? Unpacker

I don't know about such a tool, but it should be technically possible. Sorry I can't help you out, we have the same problem...
zwat Wrote:why do you wanna extract em?

I know that xbmc can read the rar files however it is not reading the media flags properly becuase they are in rar files for some reason. I scan all my movies in EMM and no media flags show aswell in that program. Also for my HD movies I am using the external player VLC which shows the files fine (but I have to have them in file format not rar) and xbmc has problems for some reason.

also junk... I tested out the software and it is great. You just add your directory and add the rars you want to extract and it does it all for you (adding the files in queue) . You can also watch certain directories so when a new file is added the program will unrar it automatically.

It also deletes the rar files if you want and can autoname the file that it extracts.

Did everything I wanted.
How are you downloading them?
downloading them from private trackers via bittorrent. they come in rar files
I'm sure there are torrent apps that'll extract them for you when they're finished. I use newsgroups and Alt.Binz which will extract and then delete the RARs.
Watch the piracy talk...
nobody ever mentioned pirating movies, maybe they all just download freely available ones like Elephant's Dream Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Native media flags only shows correctly after media played once if video is in RAR?0