Receiver Volume Control
I have a full HTPC setup that is working great. Thank you XBMC.

However I expect there has to be a way to control my receiver volume (Onkyo RT-SR706) though the PC OS or XBMC. It does not appear the HDMI CEC stuff is up to snuff. I have a gyration remote which I can get to control the receiver volume (hitting the tv button first, custom programmed) and this works great while I'm in front of the TV. What about the days when I'm wandering the house/yard with my iPhone and and I want to control the volume? I'm limited to the max volume preset at the receiver. That's no fun.

So what I'd like to do is harness the serial port on the back of my Onkyo and have the PC volume controls (what the gyration natively controls) or the xbmc volume level (what my iPhone controls) send serial commands to my receiver. Is this possible? Or am I crazy?

I'm very tempted to write this myself if it doesn't exist.

Am I on the right track or have I horribly missed something? Is this a good idea?

Thanks,

Gabriel
You ought to be able to write a script then bind the volume keys to execute it instead of XBMC's built-in volume functions.
Would you be referring to a python script or something else? I'm in the process of setting up a full dev env for XBMC so if its something worth putting into the tree, I'd like to contribute.

The other part of the problem is that the iphone controls the XBMC volume, but the remote changes windows volume? Is there a way to tie to two together so no matter which one changed, the other would follow?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Receiver Volume Control0