Ads? When i load xbmc im hit with a 15 second slideshow of logitech products? HELP
Sad 
Okay the last hour ive been adding some things to my xbmc install, like launcher, xbmcupdater, etc.

Anyways after i updated to the latest svn, now when i run xbmc i get hit with a slideshow of logitech stills of like mice, keyboards, people using these things..

How do i get rid of this? I HATE it. Whatever i installed that did this should die.

I dont want to delete my entire xbmc install and start over, so how do i get rid of this?
lol?
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
Not funny, but yeah, thanks for your help.

I just reinstalled xbmc. Now i have to go reconfig everything. AngrySad
I can assure you Team XBMC does NOT package any nagware bullshit with our official releases. If you didn't download from sourceforge, god know what you got.
You know I have something similar on my Dell HTPC running upstairs. My home built systems run just fine, but the one pre-built Dell I use as a Media center for my befroom goes through a slideshow of Dell logos when it firsts starts up and I have to hit escape to get to the main XBMC menu. Not really a big deal and it hasn't bothered me enough to look into it. Just wanted to throw that in there in case it is a real problem.
Where are you getting these builds?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Had the same problem with the latest dev build.

I found it only happened if I had an optical disc in the drive when I started up xbmc. I had Nikon "Adds" since I had a Nikon install CD in the drive, but when I changed it it to a Game, it started playing random clips from my video collection.

Anyways, I disabled auto play for video, music and pictures (kept it for DVD and Audio CD's) and this solved the problem. (xbmc settings/system/autoplay)

This did not happen in the stable build.

Hope this helps.
I downloaded my first build from XBMC.org and since then I have been using the Windows Autmatic Updater and I doubt it is anything wrong with the build as I use the same one on all of my other systems and it's only the Dell machine that gives me that slideshow.

I don't really use that computer often. I just imaged it up and throw it upstairs so I wonder if I left the Dell OEM CD in the drive as Richos pointed out. I'll check that later and hang my head in shame if that is the case. =P
In that case, we're doing something wrong with the DVD drive setup (it's causing autorun to do it's thing).

It'd be most helpful if you could confirm that - no need to hang your head in shame, particularly if it does it in latest SVN Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This has got to be one of the funniest posts in a while. Mistaking spam ads for a logitech driver cd that autoplays the gfx on it. You would think maybe you left a cd in before reinstalling everything. Ok its not funny...but really it is.

I did this too today as well. The DVD is the DVDROM started playing once xbmc was launched.
jmarshall Wrote:In that case, we're doing something wrong with the DVD drive setup (it's causing autorun to do it's thing).

It'd be most helpful if you could confirm that - no need to hang your head in shame, particularly if it does it in latest SVN Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

I did not quite a few experiments with this, since it happened on both my PC's as soon as I upgraded from the 9.0.4 to the latest Windows SVN developer build (r21940) from http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/. Both started playing stuff, but the one with the Nikon CD in started showing Nikon logos and the one with Racing Driver: Grid in started playing video clips from somewhere on my computer. (Strange they were always the same clips and in the same order and I have no playlists setup and these clips are not even in the Library yet. Thnk they might be in my documents or temp folders).
Due to the recent changes autostart would also hit when XBMC is started and a DVD/CD is in the drive. This is different to what it was before.
I wanted to use the existing application message on start which uses autorun per default. If this is unwanted I have to find a way around.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
WiSo Wrote:Due to the recent changes autostart would also hit when XBMC is started and a DVD/CD is in the drive. This is different to what it was before.
I wanted to use the existing application message on start which uses autorun per default. If this is unwanted I have to find a way around.

I personally would prefer it not to autorun when I start XBMC and there is a disc in the drive. I often have a game disc in there that is needed to run the game and it is annoying if it starts playing stuff just because of this.

If XBMC is running and I insert a DVD/CD I would want it to start playing that disc though.

Just my two pence.

/R
Definitely not wanted IMO.

Any thoughts of whether this will be fixed and when? Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ads? When i load xbmc im hit with a 15 second slideshow of logitech products? HELP0