Library Adding Troubles (Eastern Characters)
Hi,

First of all, I am new to XBMC and am loving it! However, I am having some difficulties adding my music library to it. I have a large library (60,000 songs, 350gb) which is on my main server shared to my windows XBMC over samba. I understand that the loading of the library will take a while, but it for some reason continues to lock up as I attempt to add files. It will lock up and task manager will show 100% CPU usage on mp3 folders which contain eastern characters (like russian or chinese character) the only way i have found to get around this is to force an end task of XMBC, delete the files from the share, and start the process again, until it finds another problematic file. However, due to the fact that the library is very large, I'm getting no where fast with this method. After 8 deletes of files its taken me almost 7 days to get to the M folders (im not continuously monitoring the adding so it probably locks up for several hours before i notice) Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Please post a link to one of the offending files, a dev (Jonathan) most likely can then look into it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Adding Troubles (Eastern Characters)0