XBMC not showing mp3's cover image :(
Hi fellow xbmc addicts.

I've been using XBMC for music lately, and found out that not only did you need to have a jpg in the folder for the mp3 to show a cover.

Some mp3 files, had these hardcoded into some tag.

Usually I run with the feature off, about reading mp3 tags, since sometimes people write wierd stuff in these, so I rename the tracks for proper names.

Anywho.

After using http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ to create covers art in some mp3, none of them is showing up in xbmc Sad
- not even if I enable mp3 tag thing.

My xbmc is 1 month old at most.

Why will some cover arts be shown and some not?

mp3tag is so easy to work with, so offcourse it doesn't work with xbmc Sad

any advice? Angry
I don't use xbmc for my mp3 library so I don't know if it supposed to do that but I do use mp3tag for all my tagging because I like the prog. I remember a while ago I was writing a little mp3 player and I found that mp3tag didn't label the cover art properly. It was using the wrong identifier (it's been a while so the info is a little hazy). I had posted a bug report but never heard anything but I also haven't verified in newer versions if he fixed it. Sad

So if xbmc is looking for a specific picture type it might not see it. Just a thought.
Hmm, okay - Can you then advice me what program I could use? Winamp sucks to do this.
However, winamp can read mp3tag.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not showing mp3's cover image :(0