Problems with single folder with SMB shares on NAS devise
Hi I have a problem which I think I may have resolved but would like to know what caused it for future reference.

Setup:
XBMC for Xbox Rev20349
NAS connected straight to Xbox with crossover cable

I FTPd some files to my NAS device and when I plugged it back in to the Xbox It would not connect or read from one folder (movies). It would basically timeout on the folder and would no longer show up in the file manager. Also when you tried to scrape it would add movies from NFOs already scraped into the library. It would also let me play some movies but would take about four minutes to play it.

The wierd thing was that the TV Shows folder on the same level as the Movies would allow all the content from it to play fine.

The way I fixed it was make a new folder (Movies 2 or Whatever) moved all the content to that folder delete the old not working folder then just rename the new Movie 2 folder, plugged it back in and it was working fine (so far).

I was wondering was this due to the folder permissions being somehow changed during the FTP? Or am I way off?

If it happens again I'll be sure to post a debug log.

Cheers,
Crash
yeah, most likely. if you used a client that forgot to chmod after the transfer it's probably set to 700 or something like that by default
Cheers Spiff thanks for your super speedy response.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with single folder with SMB shares on NAS devise0