XBMC as a server to Omnifi DMS1 ?
Hi,

Saw this mentioned in a computer mag here in the UK and am trying it out on Vista Home Premium, and it looks superb.

I would like to use it as a server and intend to get an xbox to install it on, but I have several Omnifi DMS1s dotted around the house and would like them to stream the music from XBMC, so I am trying it out in windows for now.

The DMS1 will work with the likes of Twonky and Tversity.

I enabled the upnp server and added shares for my music, but though DMS1 shows the server, after selecting that I only get

Music Files
Video Files
Picture Files
Music Library
Video Library

and cannot select any of these as the display shows that there are no files in these sub selections.

The DMS1 is meant to be DNLA compatible.

I have the same shares in the music library of XBMC for local playing.

Have I missed something in the setup?, or is this just not possible with a DMS1. I accept that they are old now, but they are excellent music streamers. I would use the xbox with XBMC for videos/pictures to my TV later on. For now I'm only concerned with my music.

TIA
DNLA compatible doesn't mean anything. Very few UPnP products actually stick to the standard.

You've found one that doesn't conform to XBMC's version of the standard.

Not much you can do about it unless you have the time to debug the issue yourself I'm afraid.

Cheers
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

you had something scanned into xbmc library? cause the filebased stuff isn't working very well.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yes, the main library appears to work well.
I particularly like the Shoutcast and Last FM stations.

I've selected the same drive M:\ for upnp shares, but cannot see anyway to right click and scan as I did for the Music Library, so *assumed* it would share from the music library.?

Just bought a Xbox specifically to run this. It looks great.

Just found this in the wiki manual, so I think I was expecting too much.? I was expecting XBMC to act as Twonky/Tiversty do.?

"There are typically three types of devices in UPnP AV (Audio/Video); a MediaServer which is a 'slave' device which sole purpose is to share content, a MediaRenderer which is a 'slave' device that can render content, and a UPnP MediaServer ControlPoint which is the 'master' that can detect/find UPnP MediaServers and control them (browse). UPnP MediaServers ControlPoint is not an actual UPnP device as it cannot be detected by other UPnP devices. A UPnP MediaRenderer ControlPoint is the 'master' that can detect/find and control UPnP MediaRenderers. A DMP (Digital Media Player) like XBMC typically only implements a UPnP MediaServer ControlPoint."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC as a server to Omnifi DMS1 ?0