[LINUX] Deleting database in Ubuntu
Hi,

I'm a newbie to the whole Linux and XBMC so please bear with me if these questions are a bit basic. Shocked

I currently use MyMovies to catalogue my DVD's and have been trying to get this to work with XBMC using the Aeon Skin and NFO/MyMovies scraper method (I have sufficient points for API use). I seem to be able to add a source no problem and get this into the library but the library pays no attention to the NFO file details what so ever and is missing all the flags for studio, dvd/bluray, audio etc... Even if I change the movie name to "Donald Duck" and disconnet the internet so it can't update from anywhere else it does not work...

I have diligently followed the instructions given here My Movies XBMC Scraper and here Media Flagging Guide for Aeon + read through many posts but I still no joy. I have even tried using a different scraper but that does not seem to work and it appears that I have stuff still hanging about in the db as well.

So, its now really difficult for me to tell what the problem is as despite what I do I can seem to clean down the library database. I know this is the case because deleting the source an re-adding with no images still shows my test folder, fanart and movie.jpg files so I can even check if this is a problem with the MyMovies scraper only or something more general.

So, in an attempt to start again with a clean install I removed the packages from the system and deleted the XBMC directory under the path /usr/share/xbmc. However, when I reinstalled again the old files from the library were still there, which means I obviously did not remove everything. I did some searching on the forums to see whether I could just delete the database and start again but I can only find reference to the location ~/.xbmc unfortunatly I don't seem to be able to find this (Linux newbie).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, in particular where to find the .db files under Linux so I can delete them.... I will also quite happily condense all this info into a newbie guide once I have everything working.

Cheers
Jason
~/.xbmc/userdata

Will contain everything from your previous install that is user configurable.
Inside this folder is also a Database folder containing your DB and a Thumnail folder containing your images.
Thanks for the reply but maybe I did not make myself clear, where do I find/how do I get to the ~/.xbmc/userdata folder in Linux (Linux newbie), I found this info in several other posts but try as I may form the terminal and files system viewer I cannot find this directory structure?
Files and folders in linux with a trailing dot (.xbmc) are hidden by default. You can easily enter this by typing "cd .xbmc" from you users home.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
hi vdrfan, thanks very much for the quick reply, I'll chalk another Linux discovery up on my newbie list ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Deleting database in Ubuntu0