Question regarding buffering and my powerline networking
Question 
Good day all

I, like most people, don't have a house wired for ethernet. My TV is one floor down from where the router and cablemodem are, and running a long patch of ethernet cable is not an ideal scenario without drilling..

So I bought a pair of Linksys powerline adapters for the networking, and they work well for me in the basement but NOT on the available sockets near the TV (I think the massive power draw of the TV and Amp and speakers all on that circuit are hindering the performance.. I plugged them into a socket in another room and ran a long cable just to test, and it worked fine) and when I try to stream 1080p, XBMC has to re-buffer every 10-20 seconds or so.

Is there a way for me to increase the buffer size or something to eliminate this? I wouldn't mind waiting an extra amount of time before playback begins, if that will work as a solution

Is this possible? To increase some setting to eliminate the buffering over the local network?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers
buffer isnt possible to adjust. powerline networks are just as bad as wireless for streaming.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question regarding buffering and my powerline networking0