Odd Video Behaviour? GeForce 9400GT
I just installed XBMCLive 9.04.1 and am using a GeF0ce 9400GT card, plenty of memory on it. It outputs via the 4-cable splitter to component+(presumably)svideo.

I've got the component splitters connected to a projector that I currently use for FIOS HD, so I know I can get 1080i. Generally I set the projector to "real" mode and it'll automatically detect the signal coming in on the component connectors and resize the screen to NTSC 4:3 as a little box in the middle of the projection, or resize to full 1080i resolution.

After installing XBMCLive, I get a display using the PM3.HD skin (or whatever it's called, one of the two that come with it), and it seems that in some cases the display chops off the full skin on both sides, and when I set the resolution for 16:9, 720p or 1080i, the display gets real big to the point that it appears to show ok on the left side, but gets truncated on the bottom and the right. Almost like it's zooming in. I've tried setting the zoom to the lowest magnitude, but it still won't fit the entire thing. It doesn't seem to send a proper 1080i signal to my projector because it appears as though the system is still trying to use 4:3.

Has anyone come across similar behaviour? Do I need to try using a different x conf file?

Mike.
Maybe I should re-phrase the question...

I am using GeForce 9400GT, cabled component out to a projector.

When I go into the configuration menu under Appearance -> Screen, I change the resolution. I believe default is full screen 1280x768 or something.

My problem is that regardless of the resolution, it only displays in standard 4:3. If I change to 16:9 or 1080i or 720p, it increases the resolution and pixels per inch, but it still only uses a 4:3 screen, so that if say I use 1080i, it's like I only get to see the top left of what is meant to be displayed because it spills outside the 4:3 box. In other words, it's not sending a true 1080i signal, otherwise my projector would pick it up.

Is there a setting I'm missing, or do I need to tweak the Xorg.conf?

Mike.
Tweaking the xorg.conf is probably going to be your solution. It looks like the projector isn't sending a proper EDID to allow the display to output the reoslution and refresh rate.

There are several threads around here regarding custom modelines in the xorg to override the EDID for various TVs and HDMI switch boxes.
Thanks, will search those threads. Wasn't specifically sure what I should be looking for, but now I've got a direction.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odd Video Behaviour? GeForce 9400GT0