Receiver audio "wake up"
Hmmm. I wonder if it's Live/Linux thing then because my other Windows XBMC system doesn't do that at all. It's kind of a bummer because it just sounds bad. It makes my wife think something is wrong with the system.
I'm sorry if I am being stupid here but I dont understand.

If I have a delay when starting/skipping fwd/back in videos etc, and I am using HDMI output only, will the settings in post #7 help?

I have not edited my .asoundrc at all yet!

Thanks.
It doesn't eliminate it completely, but reduces it to a minimum. Try it, you can always remove that .asounrc and you're back at square one.
I too have Asrock and use hdmi audio.
Ok, I'll try it. Thanks toiva.
Tried that with no joy. No difference. I have been posting regarding this in another thread so I should stop this dupelication and post only in here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59469

Appreciate any help there too though! Smile
any updates to this? I am having the same problem and having audio delayed at the start for 1 or 2 seconds really sucks! I tried the asound from post 7 it helped only with pause/resume but not really with the start of the file (atleast for me)
is there any modification that can be made to the asoundrc in post #7 to allow for dual output through spdif and hdmi?
matsui Wrote:any updates to this? I am having the same problem and having audio delayed at the start for 1 or 2 seconds really sucks! I tried the asound from post 7 it helped only with pause/resume but not really with the start of the file (atleast for me)
Turned out to be my TV. I have a Panny TH42PX700 and it has the same delay on HDMI feeds from my other kit too. For example, my SkyHD box has the same delay when I'm connected over HDMI.

I understand that it's a sync issue that is common on some TVs. The olny fix I have heard is to have an Amp feed the HDMI and to keep a signal constantly sent to the TV but that's way above my expertise, not to mention I have no seperate Amp! Wink

Sorry I cant help, but before you worry any more about delays like this, look to the TV and how you connect it. Perhaps try another feed like optical?
When I went from using analog out to HDMI audio out I had the same problem and I also have a panasonic tv.
But I've now solved it by installing pulseaudio and configured it to use HDMI audio.No more 2s cutoff Smile
Seems like the problem is cause by xbmc not sending out digital silence in between music tracks for instance.
OK. Can you give me any pointers as to how I can do that please? How did you install pulseaudio (I have Ubuntu 9.11 I thought it was already installed) and how did you configure it?

Thanks,
soopuk Wrote:OK. Can you give me any pointers as to how I can do that please? How did you install pulseaudio (I have Ubuntu 9.11 I thought it was already installed) and how did you configure it?

Thanks,

Well.I removed my .asoundrc in my home dir.

apt-get install pulseaudio

then put this in /etc/asound.conf

pcm.pulse {
type pulse
}
ctl.pulse {
type pulse
}
pcm.!default {
type pulse
}
ctl.!default {
type pulse
}

Then in X i opened the sound preferences app and selected HDMI audio out as the output. In xbmc I have output set to digital and audio device set to default.

That's about it Smile
Thanks for that, I'll try it and see if it helps me too.
forgot to mention I also needed to install gnome-core and gdm .Can't figure out getting it to work without a running gnome-session in the background.oh well Smile At least it works.

It will remove xbmc-live. After installing just reboot and login with root and run gdmsetup and configure it to use autologin with the xbmc user (or whatever user you want) . Then set xbmc-standalone to start after login.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Yes.

You can put it in /etc/rc.local with a & behind it to start it at boot.
Should this work if the GNOME session is set to use xbmc-standalone? It seems to work fine if GNOME is set as the default session, but not if xbmc-standalone is the default.

Running Lucid.

Edit: Oh, the above post has the same issue. So that's the way it has to be done - run xbmc-standalone after logging into a GNOME session?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Receiver audio "wake up"0