Apple.com Quicktime Movie Trailers have No Sound
i can't get any sound when i view any movie trailers saved from apple.com. there are a few other .mov files on my hdd that don't give me any sound either but some do. perhaps it's something in my xbmc settings i need to change?

that skin is not supported anymore, and if you try and view quicktime, what version of xbmc and mplayer.dll are you using?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i'm using xbox.media.center.1.0.xbox-wam what whatever mplayer.dll comes with that.
what do you mean that skin is no longer supported?
that skin i think was still supported when xbmc1.0 came out. but since then only project mayhem is supported. which means any new features incorporated into xbmc may not show up correctly or even function with that skin.
as for your quicktime files with xbmc1.0 it was underdevolpment and as such not really supported. it wasnt until a month or so ago that quicktime files actually started working properly.
either get yourself a new build of xbmc or do a search in this forum for the links to the new mplayer build and codecs.
safest bet is to get a complete full build, but it *may* worj with stock xbmc 1.0 + new mplayer.dll + quicktime codecs. search the forums for info on those

or wait until 1.1.0 is released "when it's ready" if you're the type who prefer "point" releases
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

awesome thanks for all the info guys. i just got fable so i don't have the time to work all this out anymore hehe. i guess i'll just wait for the next major release like suggested.
thanks again
cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple.com Quicktime Movie Trailers have No Sound0