Windows 7 + xbmc + 1080tv = oversized???
Sad 
Hi,

Just got my hands on the asrock ion 330 and have installed w7 and xbmc. I have my ion hooked up to my samsung with full hd 1080p. Everything is really sweet with w7 and i have it on native 1080p output. But when I start xbmc, its really BIG and i cant see the whole xbmc display Sad. Ive tried getting to the appearance and then resolution settings and it has correctly set up as 1920x1080 60hz but still it goes nuts.

I have tried searching and looking through here but yet i cant seem to find the same issue. Any ideas??

Thanks

EDIT: Didnt search hard enough Smile found the svn dx builds for windows here and now all works good. http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=205354&postcount=1
This might help you

The User Interface Calibration Window
There's a setting under compatibility options when right-clicking the XBCM link that disables high DPI settings or tells it to ignore non-standard dpi settings. Make sure thats checked. XBMC doesnt recognize non-standard DPI settings and it will make everything really big whether in Windowed or Fullscreen modes.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
I just wanted to say that I have had Windows 7 running from my computer to my 37" 1920 x 1080 60Hz monitor with the standard builds for over 6 months now. I haven't tweaked a single video setting. Using a 7600 GT.

I don't think your problem had anything to do with lack of DX. Probably something to do with the video card.

Just to clarify to anyone else who is thinking of upgrading something and afraid of this potential problem.
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
joshuass Wrote:There's a setting under compatibility options when right-clicking the XBCM link that disables high DPI settings or tells it to ignore non-standard dpi settings. Make sure thats checked. XBMC doesnt recognize non-standard DPI settings and it will make everything really big whether in Windowed or Fullscreen modes.

Thanks all! After using xbmcupdater it overrides the dx build I had installed and started doing it again, but using the above fix worked perfect Wink

It is most likely related to the fact that I switched the dpi settings to make the fonts for w7 a bit bigger so my missus can use it Smile
Yep, that's exactly what I had to do as well when I first used XBMC. I, too, set the DPI of the screen to be bigger so I could see text from my couch.

Glad it worked out.

Oh and as an aside: This trick will work for any program that exhibits this behavior. For example, I had to do the same thing for the ePSXe emulator or else the screen was way too big.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
joshuass Wrote:There's a setting under compatibility options when right-clicking the XBCM link that disables high DPI settings or tells it to ignore non-standard dpi settings. Make sure thats checked. XBMC doesnt recognize non-standard DPI settings and it will make everything really big whether in Windowed or Fullscreen modes.

This worked perfectly. Thanks guys!
You shouldn't have to do that anymore. With Beta1 and higher XBMC takes care of it for you.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i had to use this workaround using the latest version via XBMCUpdater fwiw

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 + xbmc + 1080tv = oversized???0