Multi-disc compilations
I started ripping my Buddha Bar CD's to MP3 in LAME V0 archival quality for my XMBC-xbox. For this purpose I resorted to using .mp3 & .cue files. I put the .mp3 & .cue files in the same directory but this results in me getting 2 different CD's. I also tried renaming both title fiels in the .cue-files to the same name, but XBMC doesn't seem to interpret them as a compilation anymore (which is what I want).

I just want to have 1 entry per CD-set under my "compilations", so that I see:
  • Buddha Bar I
  • Buddha Bar II
  • Buddha Bar III
  • Buddha Bar IV

instead of
  • Buddha Bar I - CD1
  • Buddha Bar I - CD2
  • Buddha Bar II - CD1
  • Buddha Bar II - CD2

while still having XMBC recognise them as single compilations. Ideas, anybody?
Don't use .cue sheets. There is zero requirement for it, as lame will produce gapless mp3's anyway.s
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I thought you lost just a little bit at the end if you encoded to separte mp3 files? Also if I use seperate mp3 files, that would mean that I'd have to name them (first disc) 1.1 ... 1.2 ... (2nd disc) 2.1 ... 2.2 ... , put all of them in the same directory and have a single .m3u-file handy for it all?
Not if you use lame. It pads out the start and end, then specifies the amount the decoder is to chop off so that it is fully gapless.

And yes, you'd name them like that if you like - I personally just name them as I would normally (01. trackname - artistname.mp3) and tag the part of set accordingly. Mind you, I see zero point in an .m3u file - it's an album, they're all in the same folder, so any sane software will quite happily play them in the correct order, based on the TPOS tag.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-disc compilations0