problem with populating Movies
Hi,

so i am finding the movie/tv libraries to be very confusing. I have an external hdd connected to my laptop, and i have added movies in the following tree folder

G:\
\Movies\
—-\2001 a space oddyssey\
—— 2001 A Space Odyssey (1968).AVI
—- \Full Metal Jacket\
—— full Metal Jacket (1987).AVI

i have added the movies folder to the video section of XBMC(Aeon)

when i go to movies in the navigation, it says this library is empty, populate via the vidoes menu. I am prolly missing something but how the hell do i do this? i mean i have already added the source in the videos nav, what am i missing?
Go to Videos on your movie section press C and click set content movies for movies and tvshows for tvshows...
I seem to be having this same problem.... I have gone into the videos section, I have one video in a directory that I am testing with.... I have set the content for that directory has Movies, and scanned for new content. It said it downloaded the movie info, which it did. In video mode I can see the video, thumbnail and such.... But when i got back into the Movie Library from the main menu, it just says Library is empty, populate it via the videos window. What am I doing wrong?
Doesn't sound like your doing anything wrong more likely xbmc isn't pick up the movie NFO I would suggest using something like EMM To organise your movies as this creates all the files needed by XBMC in library mode.
not sure if i'm doing soemthing wrong as well but the only way i've been able to populate the library is by going into files and clicking "i" info on each and every file that i've put in. Gets to be a real pain in the A** when you've made changes and have to do this everytime on 300+ movies.
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
*EVGA 512-P2-N635-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB
*ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
This isn't really an Aeon question, but I was having the same issues. I had a test folder with 40 movies (1 per directory, mixed content of DVD rips and MKV files) that had all been tagged using EMM. I created a source in Videos and set content to movies.

If I set it to use folder name to do lookup, I would only get ~20 of the movies loaded into the library. If I don't select use folder name for lookup, they all get properly loaded.

Hope that helps!
I'm not sure if this will help but I decided to forgo having a folder for each movie. I have several sources on different drives, but all of them are one file with many movies in it. Using EMM, I changed the settings to names the poster, fanart, and nfo files based on the movie name. This works wonderfully for me. I have attempted a DVD rip yet however. I find this to be the simplest method. As for TV shows, I have a folder designated for shows. inside that, each show has a folder, with each season being a subfolder. EMM doesn't work for TV shows yet, so I
ve just used the default scraper. that I have exported the poster, fanart, nfo files to the source folders. I can't wait until EMM does work with TV Shows.
You were probably just not recursively scanning before, loads of labour to solve a seemingly simple issue.

Correct, nothing to do with Aeon, moving.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm also having this problem. I have my movies managed by EMM into the proper folder structure. I select the content type of the folder and set it to Move with thechecked items of folder name is movie name, scan recursively, and to automatically scan. On scan no content is found. When I check the content setting the scan recursively and automatic scan are unchecked. Whenever i check them they do not stay selected.

I have duplicated ths behavior on three separate computers running Windows 7 Pro, and Alpha 1, Alpha 2, and Beta 1. I have tried with local movie content folder in the user space and mapped server drives with the same results.

If I forced a individual info scan by pressing I on the individual movie folder it will scan and find all the proper content and associate it with the movie in that folder and add it to the movie listing. Like the previous poster very tedious to have to force individual scans of all my movies.
I found my problem I was also checking this folder only contains one video. I assumed this meant the folder each movie was in. However, I believe it relates to the top level folder so this stopped XBMC from scrapping in lower folders. After I unchecked this all is well and XBMC picks up all of my EMM managed content.
I have set my folders up with all movies/fanart/nfo/poster in one folder but when I set content, it gave me one fanart and nfo for all of my movies in library mode. I didn't have 'folder has only one movie' checked. In library mode/fanart listing, it shows the same poster and fanart with plot info for all my movies. The movie is the first one located in the folder. I've cleared cache, cleaned library, set content several times but nothing works. It has also locked my folder thumbnail so I can't change it. It was running perfect before I reset my folder structure up to this....d:\folder\movies. What gives?
katdadi Wrote:I have set my folders up with all movies/fanart/nfo/poster in one folder but when I set content, it gave me one fanart and nfo for all of my movies in library mode. I didn't have 'folder has only one movie' checked. In library mode/fanart listing, it shows the same poster and fanart with plot info for all my movies. The movie is the first one located in the folder. I've cleared cache, cleaned library, set content several times but nothing works. It has also locked my folder thumbnail so I can't change it. It was running perfect before I reset my folder structure up to this....d:\folder\movies. What gives?

So you have d:\folder\movies - then all movie files etc under this folder. You don't then have seperate folders (d:\folder\movies\movie a\movie file). If it is the first option, then, unless I'm mistaken, you should have the 'folder has only one movie' checked.
That does not work either. It still only scans one movie and I have 23 movies/fanart/posters/nfo located in that folder. Thanks for the reply though.
katdadi Wrote:That does not work either. It still only scans one movie and I have 23 movies/fanart/posters/nfo located in that folder. Thanks for the reply though.

Better to post a debug log - will provide all the information needed to hopefully get to the bottom of this.
OK, my debug is located here. http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/411979/
Also my xbmc icon has changed lately to only a 'broken icon' but the program still runs. I hope that's clear.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem with populating Movies0