Acer Revo
Hey guys, been following XBMC for a while and now i finally get the chance to use it on my newly aquired Acer AspireRevo AR1600. I installed the latest XBMC Live and have made all of the changes by following this guide

http://lifehacker.com/5391308/build-a-si...-the-cheap

So far most things are working well.

For some reason the wireless remote i bought does not work anymore. it was working yesterday when i installed everything, and this morning when i power on the unit it no longer works. what can i do to fix this.

here's my remote http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as..._-80121001

2nd. video playback is not smooth. i have enabled VDPAU and see 10% or less cpu, but still the video is really jerky.

i am playing
dvd rips .mp4 .x264- these are really bad
bluray rip .mkv .x264- better but not great.

3rd. not as big of a problem but where can i change the output for the hdmi. it is currently set at 1080p and i would like to set it to 720p since none of my movies will ever be 1080p. i changed the resolution setting in xbmc to 1280x720 but my tv still says it's 1920x1280.

over all this is the best thing since sliced cheese.
keep up the good work
righty Wrote:2nd. video playback is not smooth. i have enabled VDPAU and see 10% or less cpu, but still the video is really jerky.

I'm certainly no expert on this but are you running a recent SVN build and are your Nvidia drivers up to date?
righty,

sorry i cant help you with your issues with playback but i have a question and would be most gracious if you could answer it. Does XBMC support the wireless controller in the revo 1600 out of the box, or do i need to get drivers from somewhere or will it simply not work

Thanks
Birtybasset,
When i get home from work i will check the build and driver vers.

imagn,
yes it supported it right out of the box. I did notice that if i had the keyboard plugged in the remote would not work. so i had to unplug keyboard, reboot, wait for the home screen to appear and then i could plug the keyboard in and both keyboard and remote worked. unfortunately only the keyboard worked this morning..
Update,
Video playback is working great now. I picked up a 1GB stick of ram and all videos are playback flawlessly.

now only if i can get the remote to work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo0