Backdrops - cant select folder
Question 
Hello, i am having a problem selecting Backdrops.

I go into customize and change backdrops, but when i get the 'Browse for image folder' there is nothing listed there.

Am i missing something?

Do the backdrops have to go into a specific folder?

I am using the Alpha build on OSX.
there is two options

1. browse by folder
2. browse by file

"move up the single backdrop, down for slideshow folder"
Thanks, but it's the select screen after that.

If i press up or down, either way i get the screen below and it won't let me choose anything.

If pressing OK or New Folder - it does nothing.

anarckie Wrote:Thanks, but it's the select screen after that.

If i press up or down, either way i get the screen below and it won't let me choose anything.

WOW, i find someone with the same problem as me!!!
For your information, i couldnt fix it with different svn's, so i manually edited the guisettings.xml in "userdata" (it was my only option that time to let it work.)

Can you give me your details on wich versions you are working, xbmc and showmix versions.
Excuse my ignorance, but how do i find the version #s?

I believe i am using XBMC Camelot Alpha1 and Aeon 0.91 (STARK).

I dont mind editing the userfiles if i can get it to work. Did you get yours working?
anarckie Wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but how do i find the version #s?

I believe i am using XBMC Camelot Alpha1 and Aeon 0.91 (STARK).

I dont mind editing the userfiles if i can get it to work. Did you get yours working?

try deleting xbmc folder in your %appdata% and all xbmc files. Then install SVN 22516.
I had this problem after redoing my linux box about 30 times in 4-5 days because I couldn't figure it out. It came down to the script I was using for the autostart. Not sure if your booting right into linux or if you are using windows. In any case my box doesn't have ~./xmbc which is where the 3rd party skins go. My script runs as root so when I moved the back drops to root they were there when I scrolled through in xbmc.
adriank99 Wrote:try deleting xbmc folder in your %appdata% and all xbmc files. Then install SVN 22516.

This is the first thing i did, deleting all and clean install the xbmc. and the problem is not the newer svn builds, no-one has the problems with the newer svn build.

I did got it back to a certain older build with the svn's or even the alpha, but still i dont know where it came from. Im still on the same problem, but what i said before. I "solved" it with editing the guisettings.xml.

Im on apple tv and soon i will try to start-over clean again, maybe it helps this time. Will post here what the outcome is.
Well an easy solution to replace the default background is to replace the images at:

XBMC/skins/Aeon/media/backdrops/

From there you can replace the default_movies, default_games, etc images with your own.
anarckie Wrote:Well an easy solution to replace the default background is to replace the images at:

XBMC/skins/Aeon/media/backdrops/

From there you can replace the default_movies, default_games, etc images with your own.

Thats true, but here you cant make the slideshow backdrops to work in homescreen. But its an easy way to have a single backdrop shown.
Sad 
on Horizons using Apple TV 3.0.1 + launcher 3.2beta3 I am getting the same problem when I select to specify a backdrop directory...
anarckie Wrote:Thanks, but it's the select screen after that.

I'm having the same problem. I really want to set up a slideshow for my movies and tv shows backdrops but all I see when I try to set it up is the image you have posted. Can't anybody help at all?
You should try one of the mods out here, Original Aeon is not final (and will never be).
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
temmi2000 Wrote:You should try one of the mods out here, Original Aeon is not final (and will never be).

I don't think it has anything to do with the skin. I am running XBMC 9.11.alpha1 and I have the same problem both on the djh-aeon-363709f skin and the temmi2000-aeon-54d0641 skin.

Please let me know where I can get a version of XBMC that won't do this, or instructions on how to do it through xml files.

Thanks
I figured out a way to fix this problem.

First load up the stable version of xbmc, 9.04 "Babylon", and apply your aeon skin, go the customize option and add a folder for the backdrop pictures, do this for each menu item and direct it to the folder you have the backdrops in. You will be able to select a folder, but the pictures won't load, it will still just appear black.

Once you've done that for all of the menu items, close and delete xbmc, but don't delete the application support folders with your skins in them. Then download the current xbmc build and it will launch with all of your pictures.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backdrops - cant select folder1