bug report xbmc-live 9.11
9.11 LIVE needs alot of work. It's absoloutely horrible! I just installed from the disk.

1 no network access to SMB. UPNP crashes the computer.
2. apt-get update then upgrade removed sudo access
3. xbmc no longer auto-boots after upgrade.

There you go. I'm going back to 9.04.
aw hell, i went back in http://pastebin.com/m4dd1edb2
Just to be clear, I installed from the CD, then from a terminal i typed apt-get update. apt-get upgrade. It asked me questions, i hit enter and y and enter and y and I went through the whole shebang.

XBMC Live 9.11 needs alot of work before release as an "actual" version. This is worse then some of the SVNs.
I went in with a root account the last time sudo went out. it's caused by XBMC ADDING an extra authorization for the XBMC account!
What a useful bug report. No debug log of you doing anything (or attempting to do anything) other than run XBMC, sit at the home page for a few seconds and then shut it down.

How are we supposed to help?

What are you typing "apt-get update", "apt-get upgrade" for? Were you in 9.04 at the time?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well, what do you want from me? I'm telling you what your software is doing, in case you have never run it.

I installed XBMCLive 9.11, CTRL+ALT+F3 to open a new terminal, then apt-get update, apt-get upgrade. apt-get update updates the list of upgrades to be installed on the linux installation (including XBMC) and apt-get upgrade installs the files from the list (including XBMC, python and live) it asked me questions I hit enter and yes to all. I included my full installation debug log because it was the ONLY debug log available.

XBMCLive's install was like the rev 21xxx+ XBOX installs which reboot on any UPNP action and have problems with SMB.

XBMC's update removed live functions. The computer would no longer reboot into live

XBMC's update also screwed up the sudoers file by adding another authorization for itself in /etc/sudoers. This makes sudo unusable and therefore requires a re-installation.

These are XBMC issue. The real big problems are specific issues which require no debug log and no debug log will help.
Read the stickies on how to post useful information. A debug log is MANDATORY. It tells us exactly what you were doing at the time. Without it we cannot help.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

outleradam Wrote:XBMC's update also screwed up the sudoers file by adding another authorization for itself in /etc/sudoers. This makes sudo unusable and therefore requires a re-installation.

this issue has already been dealt with, next release will have the fix.
outleradam Wrote:XBMC's update also screwed up the sudoers file by adding another authorization for itself in /etc/sudoers. This makes sudo unusable and therefore requires a re-installation.

No need to reinstall, that's a bit over the top Smile

1: Boot an Ubuntu CD and enter rescue mode
2: Fill out the mandatory questions
3: Go to the target mount where rescue mode mounted your harddisk's filesystem
4: fix the file /etc/suoders yourself (remove the double line should do it Smile )

Good luck!
or start in single mode.
l.capriotti Wrote:or start in single mode.

Off course, root password is empty in a default Ubuntu setup, so you wouldn't need that password to get access. Very true Smile

Missed that because I make it a habit to ALWAYS set a root password Smile
jmarshall Wrote:Read the stickies on how to post useful information. A debug log is MANDATORY. It tells us exactly what you were doing at the time. Without it we cannot help.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I gave you a debug log and I told you exactally what I was doing at the time. What else do you want?
Cant be arsed.... delete pls

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
bug report xbmc-live 9.110