• 3(current)
[XBOX] 128MB RAM upgrade for the Xbox, is it of any benefits for XBMC?
(seb.26 @ jan. 26 2005,15:01 Wrote:
(ksn @ jan. 26 2005,14:52 Wrote:right..
well ok. at least i got a answer.
but is it theoreticaly possible?
imo : the only think you can do is to increase stream buffer size ... :od

ps: why not add an output ( video+audio) buffer ... with this, 128 mb will be really use, to keep smooth playback on hight bitrate movies ... with hd streams for exemple ...  :d
thanks mate!

allready tuned most off the buffers but what did you mean by:
add an output?
adjust buffers in gui ore file?
(ksn @ jan. 26 2005,15:17 Wrote:

ps: why not add an output ( video+audio) buffer ... with this, 128 mb will be really use, to keep smooth playback on hight bitrate movies ... with hd streams for exemple ... :d
thanks mate!

add an output?
today, mplayer decompress a frame, and this frame is send to display via xbmc ( not really in straight line ... but it's like it ) ...

so when a bitrate peak happens, you got dropped frame, because xbox cpu can't decompress it in one vbl time ( 1/50s for pal & 1/60s for ntsc ) ... but if there is an ouput buffer (allowed by 64mb+ ), mplayer compute frame ( at the speed it can do ), xbmc store it in buffer, and take from buffer to display ...

this is an fifo frame buffer ... not coded today because there is no memory free with classic xbox ... :p

but with this and 128mb of ram, i think xbox could play hd movies without frame dropped ... :thumbsup: ... today it can't ...

... hum ... u got it ... or not ? Sad
(ksn @ jan. 26 2005,15:17 Wrote:

ps: why not add an output ( video+audio) buffer ... with this, 128 mb will be really use, to keep smooth playback on hight bitrate movies ... with hd streams for exemple ... :d
thanks mate!

add an output?
today, mplayer decompress a frame, and this frame is send to display via xbmc ( not really in straight line ... but it's like it ) ...

so when a bitrate peak happens, you got dropped frame, because xbox cpu can't decompress it in one vbl time ( 1/50s for pal & 1/60s for ntsc ) ... but if there is an ouput buffer (allowed by 64mb+ ), mplayer compute frame ( at the speed it can do ), xbmc store it in buffer, and take from buffer to display ...

this is an fifo frame buffer ... not coded today because there is no memory free with classic xbox ... :p

but with this and 128mb of ram, i think xbox could play hd movies without frame dropped ... :thumbsup: ... today it can't ...

... hum ... u got it ... or not ? Sad
maybe a new feature ?! ... :idea:
maybe a new feature ?! ... :idea:
ok

think i got it..
can this be the reason why movies stutter when there is scene chages ore a lot of changes to the video (paning a camere over crouded street)?

so its not for me to do this change, then i had alter the source and compile it myselfe?

if so i need to learn, fast! :nuts:
ok

think i got it..
can this be the reason why movies stutter when there is scene chages ore a lot of changes to the video (paning a camere over crouded street)?

so its not for me to do this change, then i had alter the source and compile it myselfe?

if so i need to learn, fast! :nuts:
Quote:so its not for me to do this change, then i had alter the source and compile it myselfe?

you can do that ... but maybe dev team may to it for you, and for them with 128mb ram ...

post in new feature ... you will see what they say ... :idea:
Quote:so its not for me to do this change, then i had alter the source and compile it myselfe?

you can do that ... but maybe dev team may to it for you, and for them with 128mb ram ...

post in new feature ... you will see what they say ... :idea:
right..

i'll do that.
thank you for helping!
appriciate it
right..

i'll do that.
thank you for helping!
appriciate it
hei.

i,ve added a extra 64megs of ram to my box, just for the fun of it. i know that it's not realy useful but!

acourding to this it can be!

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=10100
lol ... hi ! Smile
Sad 
xbmc already supports 128mb ram, go into system info to check, though it isn't of much benifit other than large pictures in my pictures and large vobsubs.
it isn't much help in hdtv playback either, the bottleneck there is the cpu and not the memory, ...btw, more memory doesn't mean faster Confusedhifty: just more.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
the extra 64mb ram in the xbox cannot be used for picture or video display purposes as the graphics card has no access to it. you don't really gain much from it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] 128MB RAM upgrade for the Xbox, is it of any benefits for XBMC?0