Fanart not showing when each movie in separate folder
Hello, first of all I want to say I really really like the skinn. The best around if you ask me. The fanart is beautifull, but I got a small problem with it. My movies are stored in folders. example: root folder: MOVIES subfolder: Memento folder contains: memento.avi and memento.srt . In Slide view in my MOVIES folder I see the cover of my movies. But the background (FanArt) is not showing. When I right click the movie I can see that fanart is downloaded...

When I go into the folder of memento and I select the avi file. My fanart is showing. But that's not really the behaviour I would like. I would like it when I 'scroll' over my the movies in my root MOVIES folder that I can see the fanart. I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance.
Trench Wrote:Hello, first of all I want to say I really really like the skinn. The best around if you ask me. The fanart is beautifull, but I got a small problem with it. My movies are stored in folders. example: root folder: MOVIES subfolder: Memento folder contains: memento.avi and memento.srt . In Slide view in my MOVIES folder I see the cover of my movies. But the background (FanArt) is not showing. When I right click the movie I can see that fanart is downloaded...

When I go into the folder of memento and I select the avi file. My fanart is showing. But that's not really the behaviour I would like. I would like it when I 'scroll' over my the movies in my root MOVIES folder that I can see the fanart. I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

you're not using library mode right?

did you scan all your movies to the library?
you should do that first, then your issues will be gone.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hmm, I'm not getting what you mean. I tried:
setting to library mode and than RM click on movies and update library.

Than I restarted xbmc but no result...

Thanks for the quick reply though!
check the wiki for some more info on how xbmc works:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Videos#Listi..._in_Videos
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yeah, I use file mode.

In labrary mode I do get the fanart. But I dont really like library mode. I want to know what drive I am using...

Is it nesecary to use library mode to see fanart? Or can I see fanart in file mode also (and what do I have to do to achieve that)

Thanks in advance
yes you can have fanart in filemode, but you'd still have to scan your movies to the library first for it to become available at the root of your movies folder.
hmm, sorry but I dont understand Confused
I put my video's in library mode, than RM on the root folder and update the library. This should do the trick I thaught. But it didnt Confused

What am I doing wrong? How do I add my movies correctly to the library? Should this be done in labriry mode or file mode?
in filemode.
-right click your movies folder, select set content.
-in the dialog select 'this folder contains: movies'
-pick a scraper (imdb or themoviedb.org)
-check 'run automated scan'
-check 'use foldernames for lookups'
-check 'scan recursively'
-select settings and enable everything in that dialog

that should be it, now grab a cup of coffee or a beer, as this may take some time depending on how large your collection is.
ronie Wrote:that should be it, now grab a cup of coffee or a beer, as this may take some time depending on how large your collection is.

I'll choose BEER Smile

I'll try it this evening, but I dont think it will be solved. I initially did scan my folders the way you describe :
-check 'scan recursively'.

The only thing I'm not sure of is that in settings that I enabled everything.
Should I perhaps delete all my sources and than add them again?
Trench Wrote:I'll choose BEER Smile

I'll try it this evening, but I dont think it will be solved. I initially did scan my folders the way you describe :
-check 'scan recursively'.

The only thing I'm not sure of is that in settings that I enabled everything.

well, at least check the moviedb poster and fanart options. :-)

Trench Wrote:Should I perhaps delete all my sources and than add them again?

best is to delete the video database file and video thumbnails folder (both are in your userdata folder) and try again.
Hmmm, I did a fresh install etc. Did scan the way you said. No results.
I'll just use library mode. I really like you skin!!

Oh, one more little thing, they said that the latests builds had a dual screen setting for windows. But I really can't find the thingy. Do you (ronie) know where its located? And is it available in your skinn also? My build is 24195

Really big thanks for helping me so far Smile
Trench Wrote:Hmmm, I did a fresh install etc. Did scan the way you said. No results.
I'll just use library mode. I really like you skin!!

Oh, one more little thing, they said that the latests builds had a dual screen setting for windows. But I really can't find the thingy. Do you (ronie) know where its located? And is it available in your skinn also? My build is 24195

Really big thanks for helping me so far Smile

no idea, most likely it's some setting in advancedsettings.xml.
it's not skin related though.

moving to: General Help and Support

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart not showing when each movie in separate folder0