Will there be a Camelot-Final for XBOX?
Xbox "beta1" (rev 24613) is missed cd ripping.
with alpha2 (rev 24238) it was right.
Setting rip path is impossible and context menu is without rip selection.

Could anybody fix it?

http://trac.xbmc.org/log/branches/xbox?a...9&limit=50
Smile 
Bomb Bloke Wrote:As for contributing: Check out "https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/xbox" via, eg, TortoiseSVN. You will need Visual Studio '03 (that's v7.10, as opposed to a newer or later version), and the XDK installed, in order to compile it.

I have VS2003 (7.1) installed. I have the XDK installed. I have TortoiseSVN installed but I'm challenged when trying to connect to the repository. How do we get SVN credentials?
Drop the s, use http://
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:There is ONE xbox developer. If he decides to tag a release that's up to him.
It's certainly nothing official from the XBMC team. We dropped xbox support ages ago.The last xbox release that had any input from the team as a whole was 8.10 - Atlantis.

!!! WHAT! I can understand your Focus, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD Don't KILL/fade Xbox's XBMC Version!!!
mikko70 Wrote:Xbox "beta1" (rev 24613) is missed cd ripping.
with alpha2 (rev 24238) it was right.
Setting rip path is impossible and context menu is without rip selection.

Could anybody fix it?

http://trac.xbmc.org/log/branches/xbox?a...9&limit=50

Afaik, this should already have been fixed SVN. Did you try the latest nightly?
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
Sad 
realjobe Wrote:!!! WHAT! I can understand your Focus, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD Don't KILL/fade Xbox's XBMC Version!!!

Yeah, I feel exactly the same way realjobe. You posted more politely than I did, but same feelings...
locohost Wrote:Yeah, I feel exactly the same way realjobe. You posted more politely than I did, but same feelings...

It won't be faded, it will just become a seperate project which can live on if there are enough volunteers to maintain it...
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
Smile 
arnova Wrote:It won't be faded, it will just become a seperate project which can live on if there are enough volunteers to maintain it...

I have the tools setup locally and I have the code and it builds but at the end of the build, it tries to find my XBox. I've been a programmer for 27 years but this is my first project coding for a "game console". I have some things to figure out before I can be useful Blush

Once I get comfortable, I have a couple coworkers (coders into XBox/XBMC) I'll try to bring on board.

Arnova, Should I ask you XBox/XBMC dev questions here in the forums? Is there a forum for this sort of discussion? If not, there should be right? I'll look for it now...

Big Grin
Wink 
I started noticing this drop off about two years ago, slow to admit it I finally broke down and brought two AppleTV's did the the USBCreator magic and poof I'm back, except it doesn't run xbox native applications )-:

--Thanks one and all for your continued effort towards a kick butt project Big Grin
locohost Wrote:I have the tools setup locally and I have the code and it builds but at the end of the build, it tries to find my XBox. I've been a programmer for 27 years but this is my first project coding for a "game console". I have some things to figure out before I can be useful Blush

Once I get comfortable, I have a couple coworkers (coders into XBox/XBMC) I'll try to bring on board.

Arnova, Should I ask you XBox/XBMC dev questions here in the forums? Is there a forum for this sort of discussion? If not, there should be right? I'll look for it now...

Big Grin

Any luck getting setup Locohost? are we going to see a Arnova & Locohost team? Big Grin
For whatever its worth........Jumped into XBMC because I had a Crystal XBOX laying around and I had nothing to do one rainy Sat afternoon. Long story short, I love the community, XBMC and the fact that I can put my XBOX to work again. Not to mention that I can finally access my media from my living, room for free…….

I also happened to mention the community to the guys at work and some have also jumped in and installed XBMC on their old XBOX’s.

I'm not sure I would have joined the community had I needed to buy an AppleTV or a new PC to load XBMC. Now that I’m hooked I’m thinking of upgrading to new hardware.

I wonder if the community needs an entry point for the average Joe. From what I’ve read there were 24 million Xbox’s sold globally. Officially dropping support of the XBOX may have been a bad move in the long run, however one may never know.

One last thought, Arnova may someday win the lottery and move on to other interests having a build officially supported by the community may help strengthen the community in the long run. Even if that build is frozen.

My 2 cents
I am about to go buy an acer REVO or two (once i figure out a good IR remote addon) and demote the xbox to my spare bedrooms that i do not use right now... Since i wont be putting cable (or dish.. whichever i decide) these will still be great to access media from... Only problem is limitation of mkv support.. to the point teh xbox might not be able to play when i start moving my content format over..
Have had my modded xbox for 6 years now.. sad that i am contemplating giving up such a loyal old friend..
AFAICT, xbox builds are officially dead and the only plausible camelot final build for xbox would be a BSoD, if the last t3ch and sshcs builds are any indication.
babanoosh Wrote:AFAICT, xbox builds are officially dead and the only plausible camelot final build for xbox would be a BSoD, if the last t3ch and sshcs builds are any indication.

Huh? - whats wrong with them? work fine for me.... Arnova does a great job IMO..Big Grin
Geeba Wrote:Huh? - whats wrong with them? work fine for me.... Arnova does a great job IMO..Big Grin

What does Arnova have to do with it? With every new nightly build, xbmc for xbox trails just a little bit more in the dust. it's happening now with fanart memory requirements; lack of official confluence for xbox; default dvdplayer etc. Every time I update, I regret it. I have more video playback problems w/ common mpeg 4 formats now than I ever did before. That's called 'regression' not 'progression'. Xbox development and PC/Mac/Linux development cannot coexist indefinitely as a unified whole, but that's not going to happens as nobody is willing to fork on antiquated hw, which is understandable I suppose. But that's what we are seeing now. Arnova is simply porting these fundamental changes that cripple the xbox more day by day, nobody said it was his fault so please don't misconstrue my words.

And as far as locohost ramping up 'Team Xbox' with Arnova... puh lease, not very likely. A month has passed and this person hasn't done jack but pass lip service and blow a gasket on page 2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will there be a Camelot-Final for XBOX?0