[MOD] Music WallStream View
I used to really love the WallStream view from the original Mediastream, mostly for my music library, but it never made it into Jezz_X's redux mod. I asked for it a couple of times and well, seems like I am the only on who likes it... Anyway, I spent an afternoon trying to understand how that skinning thing is working and I merged some Mediastream code into Confluence so that I can get the Wallstream in my music library.

It is my first try, so if you find bugs or issues feel free to modify/complain about it.

All props go to Team Razorfish and to Jezz_X, these are their codes and graphics.

UPDATE 12/02/09:
I cleaned up the code quite bit and changed the style a little bit. Also got rid of the "pop-up" windows after reading on the forums that they are not advised. Finally added some transparency effect to better match the overall Confluence style Smile

To install, just download the link below and drop over your existing Confluence skin folder.

Download

Thanks,

-Ben
Very nice. I like it.
HTPC= AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350 l Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G l G Skill 2GB l HVR-1800 l PVR-150 l Ultra MicroFly Case l 180GB SATA l 250GB IDE
Old HTPC Build / Current 780G HTPC Build / My Website
I'm also a huge fan of wall views.
They are just perfect for large music collections.
Superb work.
Great work! Any chance that you want to port over the movie view as well? I love wall view! The other views don't make much sense for anyone with over 20 movies.
thrasherx, I'll give a shot at the movie view this week-end and see how much work it is.
I'll also see if I can improve the Music View a bit.
I updated the music view quite a bite, I'll look at the Movies and hopefully it won't be too complicated!
benobi Wrote:I updated the music view quite a bite, I'll look at the Movies and hopefully it won't be too complicated!

Awesome, thanks. Another suggestion would be to make the coverart (music and movies) scale so that it fills the entire square and doesn't leave any black space between the adjacent ones. I assume that you know how to do this, but ask me if not.
Hey thrasherx,

I haven't seen this problem of pictures not stretching on my install, it might be due to my music collection being too organized Wink Could you post a screenshot of this issue so that I better understand and visualize it? thx
I assume he means this as demonstrated in your screenshot....

benobi Wrote:Hey thrasherx,

I haven't seen this problem of pictures not stretching on my install, it might be due to my music collection being too organized Wink Could you post a screenshot of this issue so that I better understand and visualize it? thx

MajorTom Wrote:I assume he means this as demonstrated in your screenshot....

Yeah, I was referring to the original screenshot. I noticed that on the big thumb view for confluence, the covers don't scale to fill the icon size. The same went for Mediastream_redux. I tested it out though, and it looks good.

Does anybody else prefer the vertical wall, or is it just me?
ohhhhhhh, I see. It's funny, it is not a black line, the cover of the album does have two black lines in it Smile Normally the pictures should stretch. Let me know if it is not working fro some of your albums!
benobi Wrote:thrasherx, I'll give a shot at the movie view this week-end and see how much work it is.

Any progress on this? It doesn't look like it's going to be added to the final version either, fore some weird reason... Shocked
Big Grin 
Is there a limit to number of views that a skin can have? All these new skins popping up are awesome but they have such limited view options which for me is the best part.
I agree. but as i read about Confluence, they were just taking what they felt were the best of many and putting them into one if i remember correctly. If you were to provide all the functions of all the skins into one it would be pretty clustered. BUT i do agree that it would be nice if you could select a skin type and have maybe checkbox's somewhere to enable/disable certain options to make the skin as clean or versatile as you want.
GeeZuZz Wrote:Any progress on this? It doesn't look like it's going to be added to the final version either, fore some weird reason... Shocked

Sorry, I have absolutely dropped the ball on this one. Jezz_X has some fairly good arguments about why they do not want a wall view in their default skin. I then decided I did not want to go through the hassle of updating and maintaining views on the side. If anyone wants to use what I did, feel free.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Music WallStream View0