Mouse cursor bug: Cursor does not hide
Exclamation 
When launching XBMC, the OS X mouse cursor is replaced with the XBMC mouse cursor. This cursor dissappears after a few seconds of incativity.

However, when I wake up the Mac from sleep, I get the OSX mouse cursor, and this cursor does not go away when inactive.

This is really annoying - I have to move the cursor to the bottom corner trying to hide it, but still it's visible...

(I'm using latest build)
The problem is with the OS unfortunately - a whole bunch of stuff decides to show the cursor when various frameworks start up.

Unfortunately this means that SDL is in a state where we don't know whether the cursor is shown or not.

What I think we need is an OS X-specific cursor shown test so that we can hide it for good.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I tried to disable the mouse in XBMC, but the OS X mouse cursor keeps coming back. It's extremely annoying when it appears on the middle of the screen, since I don't have a mouse easily available on my HTCP.

I never had this problem with Plex, so it should definitively be possible to fix...

I didn't test the new beta/RC1 - if this is fixed there let me know.
i have the same problem

after wake-up the mouse is always there
Plex uses the "hit the problem with a hammer" solution - it asks the mouse to hide every 10 seconds.

We'd prefer a more elegant solution, though I suspect that may be difficult.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

try this program

http://doomlaser.com/cursorcerer-hide-yo...r-at-will/

it hides the mouse after time x whent it is not used

works fine on my mini with snow leo
I find that changing XMBC from full screen to windowed and back makes the mouse cursor disappear. Not a great solution, but it works for me.
Yea I have the same issue Sad

Ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8418
Really annoying bug which seams to be still there.

Maybe this could be of any support?
The code is apple-internal and thus may stop working at any time. Also, the underlying problem is that many apple services go and pop the mouse pointer up during their startup routines - there's nothing stopping them also changing the cursor back...

Unfortunately, I think doing the "hit it with a hammer" approach is the only one that is viable.

Personally I just move the mouse into the corner of the screen and leave it there, as my mac doesn't do anything other than run XBMC.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Ever since I first started using xbmc I've had this problem and infact it was one of the reasons that I even first considered plex as an alternative. I was told the same thing, plex hits nail with the hammer, but common guys, it's a method that works. I'm sure there are other hammer approaches in xbmc code for a lot of different things, so I can't see your staunch refusal to implement this fix, at least until you figure out the mythical more elegant approach.

I find lots of annoyances with plex and consider xbmc much better in many different ways, but there are plenty of times I get completely frustrated juggling windows switching to different desktop and back,minimize maximize, move cursor, lots of times it refuses to hide and I just end up getting completely frustrated and using plex. As for plex telling mouse to hide every 10 seconds, in all my time of using plex I have never ever seen the cursor so whatever they're doing must work.

Please for the sake of your software dont be stubborn and implement this already. If you haven't found the elegant solution yet I doubt you will in the future.
Why not plop the cursor in the corner like Jmarshall said? It was my first thought. It seems like a nice easy 2 second fix. I assume the cursor disappears on apples like it does on window when you push it to the bottom corner.
some users use remote connections to do stuff on the machine. Then when launching xbmc the cursor can endup anywhere.

For me using a Panasonic TV, the TV goed in to some kind of standby mode when not receiving any signal. Then OSX decides to pop-up a cursor when resuming.

So every time the xbmc blankes the screen the cursor pops-up when resuming. Very annoying
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
A decent solution may be for XBMC to remember the cursor position and then move the cursor to the bottom right. When the mouse pops up again it's not an issue then.

When XBMC is to restore the system mouse we restore it back to where it should be.

Alternatively we ALWAYS move the mouse to bottom right (assuming mouse isn't enabled) when in fullscreen mode.

jmarshall Wrote:A decent solution may be for XBMC to remember the cursor position and then move the cursor to the bottom right. When the mouse pops up again it's not an issue then.

When XBMC is to restore the system mouse we restore it back to where it should be.

Alternatively we ALWAYS move the mouse to bottom right (assuming mouse isn't enabled) when in fullscreen mode.
Well, I can still see the cursor in bottom right corner, tried this a few times but i can still see some white pixels. I have to say you only see them when you look for them, but now since i know it's there it annoys me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse cursor bug: Cursor does not hide0