[WINDOWS] XBMC freezes on mp3 playback
Yeah thank microsoft that since msvc?90.dll we need a manifest to load them properly. Causes more problems than they wanna solve with it since all older msvc?s can be loaded without runtime error afaik.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:I learned that on some setups the msvcp errors can be ignored. They appear on my WinXP client whereas they won't show on my Win7 64 Bit client. On both XBMC runs without a problem and with milkdrop.
Atm I have no idea what could causing this.

I always had the "Win32DllLoader::Load: Unable to load MSVCP90.dll (126)" problem here with XP 32 and Milkdrop but never had the MP3 freeze bug until recently Sad

The funny thing is that when MrC fixed Milkdrop I compiled it and worked fine but now even compiling a fresh XBMC updated to r25320 isn't working anymore (I get all those ERROR: exception in CApplication::Render() )

I have no msvc*90.dll apart from the WinSxS but it seems milkdrop needs 9.0.21022.8 dlls version but is using the 9.0.30729.4148 ones.

This info from the Visual C++ Team Blog may be related.
Unfortunately this is m$ stuff which I don't understand. However if you recompile XBMC you also recompile milkdrop which should take your headers and your libs. afaik I have different versions installed on my three clients and it never got a problem.
Also we don't use own manifest files for those dlls.
I'm open for all tips.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
This is a very strange problem, since Milkdrop will run perfectly fine on 2 of my machines (my gaming PC and a netbook), but I get this problem on my new ION HTPC box.

All are running Windows 7 x64 - however, in xbmc.log I get msvcr90.dll and msvcp90.dll errors on all of them - somehow, the other machines don't seem to mind though.
Ok, I admit I know very little about XBMC or Milkdrop since i have only be using XBMC for a week so far and love it. I am running on a very clean install of XP Pro and I also am getting the lockup from Milkdrop, which really sucks since it is some of the best visualizations I have seen though ProjectM also looks very nice. Is anybody working on Milkdrop locking up Windows or how hard is it to install ProjectM since I have no idea were to even start on that.
i am also getting this issue i did not have any issues with the last version of XBMC and with BETA 1 however 9.11 final and now when i go to view he milkdrop visualization it freezes, nd goes black but still plays music.... i cannot get back to the menu have to end task on xbmc.exe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XBMC freezes on mp3 playback0