Distorted Picture ( Verticle Sync maybe )
Problem
While watching any video, there is an invisible horizontal line which in slow scenes is unnoticeable, but in scenes with alot of action its clear that the image is being somewhat distorted at the line.

Specifications
GPU is onboard nvidia geforce 7100 nforce 6
OS Ubuntu 9.10 ( decidated to XBMC )
CPU Intel Pentium D 2.4GHz
2GB DDR RAm

XBMC Version: One currently up for download for ubuntu
Hi there,

You're correct about the vertical sync.

If you go to to "System / System / Video (Display)" you will find a setting for "Vertical Blank Sync" This is the one you should play around with. Here at my place it's set as "Let driver Choose" and I don't see the lines.

Note though that you need to restart the playback for changes to take effect.

/PerM...
I did upgrade to Karmic, latest Nvidia driver and upgrade to latest Xbmc all at the same time.

I didn't have this problem before, but it is there now. It doesn't seem to have any effect at all when I enable the vertical blank setting in Xbmc's display settings. I don't remember the exact English name of the setting, since I am using the Swedish translation of Xbmc.

I've tried to use VDPAU and all of the other alternatives as well, all with and without the vertical blank setting enabled. Nothing seem to help.

The problem occur especially in horizontally panning scenes. It is always about about 10 to 20 percent below the upper edge of the screen. It is not vertically fixed, it moves up and down between those 10 to 20 percent.

I believe that it is a vertical blank problem, but the setting doesn't help me.

I am using Karmic, latest Xbmc and Nvidia's latest driver. My card is a 9800GT, using HDMI if that has any influence.

Thankful for any help.

/Peter
I found this post and it helped =)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66783

Followed the guide for adding the nvidia-vdpau repository Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Distorted Picture ( Verticle Sync maybe )0