Crashes after a while
9.11 Crashes after some time, all from 30min to several hours, here the crashlog. I was listening to a shoutcast stream. Sad

http://pastebin.com/m6d3e9409
1) Upgrade to 9.11 final release. Your version is not that. 25756 != Camelot final.
2) We need a debug log. Enable debugging and try again.
3) Failure is seen trying to extract thumbs I think.
4) Upgrade your nvidia drivers.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Strange i must have pasted the wrong log, here is the correct one, I'm on 26018 and OpenGL 3.2.0 Nvidia 190.42

http://pastebin.com/m3be0857a

I turned on debugging, now to wait for the next crash.
Here's the debug log...

http://pastebin.com/m26db28
Get one more.. Wonder if it coincides with weather download.

Also, it looks like the backtrace isn't generated automatically.

Can you manually run the core file via gdb and obtain the backtrace (thread apply all bt).

Thanks.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
tslayer Wrote:run the core file via gdb and obtain the backtrace
Thanks.

WUT!? Think u can clarify for me?
Make sure you have gdb installed. Once you have that, the crash report should contain better information.

If you read the links in my signature, specifically http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Bug_Report , it will tell you the same.

And I quote:

" Linux

The file will be in your user's home directory or the working directory if XBMC was launched from a terminal. It will be named "xbmc_crashlog-[DATE]-[TIME].log" and contain some system information at the top, followed by a stack trace and the contents of xbmc.log. If you didn't have debugging enabled at the time, please enable it and recreate the problem. This feature was added in SVN revision 22194 and relies on the gnu debugger GDB being installed to work. "

Search google for details on what gdb is and which package you may need to install to get that.

I installed GDB with sudo apt-get install GDB. Waiting for the next crash with debugging enabled...
tslayer Wrote:Make sure you have gdb installed. Once you have that, the crash report should contain better information.

If you read the links in my signature, specifically http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Bug_Report , it will tell you the same.

And I quote:

" Linux

The file will be in your user's home directory or the working directory if XBMC was launched from a terminal. It will be named "xbmc_crashlog-[DATE]-[TIME].log" and contain some system information at the top, followed by a stack trace and the contents of xbmc.log. If you didn't have debugging enabled at the time, please enable it and recreate the problem. This feature was added in SVN revision 22194 and relies on the gnu debugger GDB being installed to work. "

Search google for details on what gdb is and which package you may need to install to get that.

Heres the new log with GDB installed: http://pastebin.com/ma6aeecd
Unfortunately, it looks like the main thread that caused the core has corrupted so proper details aren't recorded:

#
Thread 1 (process 2924):
#
#0 0xb6b23896 in memcpy () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#
#1 0x00000000 in ?? ()

You may have to narrow things down to a simplified testcase for the devs to reproduce.

Does this only happen while playing shoutcast and if so, is it always the same stream, or does it ever happen when playing your own music?

As much detail as possible please.

Also, can you try it the live version of 9.11 to rule out your Jaunty install?

Thanks.

tslayer Wrote:Unfortunately, it looks like the main thread that caused the core has corrupted so proper details aren't recorded:

#
Thread 1 (process 2924):
#
#0 0xb6b23896 in memcpy () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#
#1 0x00000000 in ?? ()

You may have to narrow things down to a simplified testcase for the devs to reproduce.

Does this only happen while playing shoutcast and if so, is it always the same stream, or does it ever happen when playing your own music?

As much detail as possible please.

Also, can you try it the live version of 9.11 to rule out your Jaunty install?

Thanks.

The Crashes has been from the same stream as far as i know (Music One)

This has also happend during HD Movie Playback (720 & 1080p) at first i thought it was the movie cuz it stopped at the same place over and over, but the movies where fine.

Have not noticed the crashes when streaming my own FLAC files.

To sum it up it happens when u stream a movie or radio.

Also, this is an upgraded version and the problems started after the upgrade to 9.11.

Will try to test Live later on...
Let us know how the Live version goes.

Thanks.

Booted XBMC Live and no crashes!

I was blown away how fast it booted so i backed up my database and thumbs and installed it on my HD. Big Grin

Will report back if it shuts down again....
Great...

Probably has something to do with the libs that Jaunty uses.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crashes after a while0