• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 3.06
scarfa Wrote:Currently I'm using a scaling method that tries to fill the screen and preserve the image aspect ratio at the same time. So the amount of the image that gets cut off will depend on how closely the image conforms to the available screen space. I gather you are trying to use images that are way smaller in width?

Heres a modified file that centers the image but won't fill the screen: DOWNLOAD

Put that into the 720p directory and overwrite. In future releases I may add an option to either scale or center backgrounds.

Hi Scarfa, thanks for responding so quickly. Yes, I'm displaying digital photos with a 4:3 aspect ratio on a widescreen TV (16:9).

Your fix now displays the full image, but as you say it doesn't fill the screen - there are large black regions either side of the image.

I think I'll revert to the standard 3.06, but it's just that this version seems to scale / fill differently to version 2.0. In both versions, images are displayed to the full width of the screen; in version 2.0, the image is centred vertically, whereas in 3.06 it seems to be top-aligned.

Perhaps I can PM you some screenshots?

Thanks,

Mike
mike2708 Wrote:Hi Scarfa, thanks for responding so quickly. Yes, I'm displaying digital photos with a 4:3 aspect ratio on a widescreen TV (16:9).

Your fix now displays the full image, but as you say it doesn't fill the screen - there are large black regions either side of the image.

I think I'll revert to the standard 3.06, but it's just that this version seems to scale / fill differently to version 2.0. In both versions, images are displayed to the full width of the screen; in version 2.0, the image is centred vertically, whereas in 3.06 it seems to be top-aligned.

Perhaps I can PM you some screenshots?

Thanks,

Mike

No need for screenshots I already know what you mean. The reason why I decided to align top is because for images that will be cropped, preserving the top part of the image is more important, for an example headshots. You can simply revert back to the 2.0 way by going through includes_Backgrounds.xml and replace each instance of aligny="top" with aligny="center"
THX for this wonderful theme.

May I know how to make the weather info display on the top menu-bar?

Also how to let XBMC know where to get corresponding picture/cover + info for the music album / video.

THX
Thanks scarfa,

I'm gonna try that Xbox memory tweak and let you know if it fixes my problem. Big Grin
great update! Smile only thing i can think of to request/hopefor is to have seasons lists have List Info 2 options aswell Smile
Hi scarfa,
thanks for this amazing skin.

Is it possible to add a feature as "use random wallpaper in a folder"?

thanks!
scarfa Wrote:No need for screenshots I already know what you mean. The reason why I decided to align top is because for images that will be cropped, preserving the top part of the image is more important, for an example headshots. You can simply revert back to the 2.0 way by going through includes_Backgrounds.xml and replace each instance of aligny="top" with aligny="center"

Thanks, Scarfa - that works for me.

Mike
Loving this skin man, it's really REALLY good! Big Grin
zeus[x];474643 Wrote:Hi scarfa,
thanks for this amazing skin.

Is it possible to add a feature as "use random wallpaper in a folder"?

thanks!

You can already do this. In skin settings change from 'use single image for background' to 'use multi image for background' and choose the folder.
Perfect!!!
This skin is amazing.

I would like to make a special request.
Is possible to add an Icon to for subtitles?
Like subtitles on or off. I can see the list of the movies, but i never know if the movie have or not the subtitles. I have to go to the movie folder and search the .srt

Thanks!!!
zeus[x];475094 Wrote:Perfect!!!
This skin is amazing.

Like subtitles on or off. I can see the list of the movies, but i never know if the movie have or not the subtitles. I have to go to the movie folder and search the .srt

Thanks!!!

Support! Also is that possible to select subtitle for movie more than 1 external subtitle files.
thats the best mod since AEON Showmix......
How can i deactivate Menu points?
i dont use VIDEOS and PICTURES....
This works great on Apple TV!!! Only complaint I have is the text is hard to read... Im not sure if it is my tv size(32") or if its because everything is in caps.... I think it is the later does anyone else have a hard time reading the type?
Rainbow 
zeus[x];475094 Wrote:Perfect!!!
This skin is amazing.

Thanks!!!

+1 for this request
Hi,

Sorry for this probably newbie question but why don't I see the artwork and options like wall view and stuff? I use my PC as videoserver and have used ember for the files so everything is there.

What is the next step to get all the options I see here on the screenshots? I have the same problem with other skins and I really don't know what I'm doing wrong because it seems that everything in the settings is allright. What am I missing?

Thank you!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 3.060