[LIVE] Wireless interface on Acer Aspire 7220
Tried XBMC Live 9.11 and found out that wireless interface doesn't work (wlan0 - Interface disabled). But under Kubuntu 9.10 it is found (even though doesn't connect, but this is something usual for buggy NetworkManager). My card is AR5001 Wireless Network Adapter [168C:1C] (lshw output, but not under Ubuntu). What is the problem?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
Ok, no answers. But how to get to terminal to debug myself?
To access a terminal from XBMC Live just press Cntrl-Alt-F1 (through F6) to get a text terminal.

To return to XBMC press Cntrl-Alt-F6.

I would suggest to search the forum for solutions on how to configure your Wireless Card in XBMC_Live.

Support from the XBMC interface is planned, although it's not high priority as current developers usually use cable connection.

I'm sure it won't be difficult to find a post that shows how to configure your wifi in XBMC_live.

Right now I'm trying XBMC_Live on my new HP Pavilion dv6. Although right now I'm using cable I will also get into making the wifi work.

If I find some kind of tutorial or help I will let you know.

Best of Lucks,

Jur.
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

Hi,

As I told you I could find information to make it work in the forums.

For a Wifi with wep or no security you just have to modify /etc/network/interfaces to add info for your wifi as suggested here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=wireless

Here is my example:

>sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
Add to the end:
#Data for wlan0
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wireless-essid WLanID #Change with your SSID
wireless-channel XX #Change with your channel or try without it
wireless-mode managed #if you are accessing via Access Point (the usual)
wireless-key 001122 #Change with your wep key in hex or prefix with s: for ascii. It doesn't work for wpa passphrase keys...

If your wireless (like mine) has wpa security this is not enough.

You'll need the wpasupplicant package.

I can give hint instructions also for this, but because I'm not an expert and I just know enough no make mine work I will suggest to Google the forums and the Internet.

I used the help form this page:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WPAHowTo

Hope you can solve your problems.

Best of Luck and enjoy XBMC,

Jur.
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

Thanks for attention!

I know about F-terminals. But exists a problem - they are black and because of that I don't see anything. And I know why this happens - bug in Nvidia drivers. I tried to give command to dump dmesg output to a file on F-terminals (sudo I used). But! No successSad. I suppose that there is need to give login and password. So the question is - could somebody give this data?

P.S. XBMC Live has a good GUI configuration for wireless so why console?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Wireless interface on Acer Aspire 72200