[LINUX] An obscure new bug?
I have a system I have set up using irxevent, a remote control manager.

I have this programme running outside XBMC and use it to respond to a press of the red button causing XBMC to reset. It means that when XBMC crashes and won't itself respond to commands, the programme can be easily reset from the remote without restarting the computer.

I have built in a clever lock file to the reset script which is created when the programme is run and deleted when the reset is finished. If you press the red button again during the running of the script it checks for the existence of the lock file and will not run. If not for this it seems to cause some problems with the x server if you accidentally tap the red button twice.

This all used to work fine but now, only with the latest version of transparency (and no other skin), when accidentally pressing the red button twice xbmc crashes to the command line. When the computer is reset, all of the xbmc settings are reset to default eg the skin is now confluence. As far as I am aware this problem did not occur in previous versions of transparency, (could i get hold of 2.10 to test for sure please), does not occur on other skins, and continues to occur even with a fresh install of transarency.

My crashlog can be found here

The problem can be reproduced by putting the contents of this folder into your home folder and installing lirc-x.

Code:
sudo apt-get install lirc-x

If you then reset the computer you should have the functionality of the red button reset. if you mash the red button you should reproduce this error.

I'm sorry to trouble you with something so specific but its really bothering me and I guess it's possible that the same code error could be causing problems elsewhere.
sorry, i don't keep copies of old T! versions.
you might want to try if this is still reproducable with the latest available version of xbmc.

i've seen those 'only happens in this and that skin' reports before,
and so far most of them turn out to be xbmc issues in the end.

so until someone proves me wrong, i'd say:
not skin related, moving to ->
XBMC for Linux and XBMC Live Specific Support
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
If anyone would like to try and reproduce this you will find straight away that it only exists it transparency.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] An obscure new bug?0