Movie cover art or fanart does not show up for .mkv or .avi files in library mode.
Guys,

Problem: Movie cover art or fanart does not show up for .mkv or .avi files in library mode.

Setup and details.
XBMC version 9.11
My Movies for Windows Home server 1.5.1. - My Movies is configured to use XBMC.

I have a mixture of DVD, .mkv and .avi movies. Each movie is in its separate folder. My Movies added xml and cover art for each movie. In XBMC when I view my videos with Library mode off the cover art is displayed for each movie regardless of the format (DVD, .mkv or .avi).

When I enable Library Mode I can only see the Movie cover art and fanart for the DVD movies. The .mkv or .AVI movies do not display the movie cover art or fanart. They show up as thumbnails that appears to be a pictures generated from a random scene in the movie. The plot summery and other details does show up for all movies (DVD, .mkv and .avi).

I made sure all of my movies were added to the library. My default movie scrapper is IMDB. I can provide the scrapper debug log if needed.

Is there a way to get the movie cover art and fan art to show up for the .mkv and .avi movies? If so what has to be done?

Thanks,
Eric
I just manually added the cover pictures.

1. Right click on the movie
  2. Select "Movie Information"
  3. Click on "Get Thumb"
  4. Browse to the cover art picture.

You can do the same thing to add the fan art.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie cover art or fanart does not show up for .mkv or .avi files in library mode.0