Spotify support via despotify in development
I recently spent some time adding Spotify support to xbmc using despotify. Development has been done on Mac OS X, but the code should work on any platform supported by despotify. Playing songs and adding them to xbmc playlists as well as viewing and playing Spotify playlists works fine.

I'm currently working on submitting a patch, but before I do that there are some things I'd like to iron out. Hopefully you can point me in the right directions.

First of all: How do I add settings to the settings panel? The user will have to enter their username and password and do some other settings such as choosing bitrate.

Second: I want to make Spotify searches possible, but haven't found the class to use for displaying a text entry form. Which one should I use?

I'll probably have more questions later on, but these two problems are the big ones I have to solve before I can create a first patch.

Cheers!
mdn
1) see GUISettings.cpp - shouldn't be very hard to grasp.
2) GUIDialogKeyboard.cpp

btw; http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67012 - you may want to try to cooperate with these guys!
Assuming that spotify is a streaming service, you possibly want to do the user/pass in the "Add source" dialog?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify support via despotify in development0