Errors Status 4 downloading files
When downloading content I get an "xbmc exiting with status 4" message.
tharsh Wrote:When downloading content I get an "xbmc exiting with status 4" message.

OK.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
first stab was remise of detail hoping that since I did the standard install and it works fine but when I chose a content provider that doesnt stream but requires downloads this error occurs. I have changed location settings for file repository and am using the root at frontrow. Still happens. I thought it was bandwidth or file transfer negotiations but I have now tested at 6mbs with a consistantly reproducable situation.
1. Is it related to rights on the partition?
2. Should I install the USB port hack and try an external HD

I love the software and hardly even run the native apple junk, being able to store content is not a deal breaker.

thanks

Tom
Hey Tom,

thanks for posting a bit more detail. Still, please check this post on what information is needed (which log files, what version numbers, etc)

tharsh Wrote:first stab was remise of detail hoping that since I did the standard install and it works fine but when I chose a content provider that doesnt stream but requires downloads this error occurs. I have changed location settings for file repository and am using the root at frontrow. Still happens. I thought it was bandwidth or file transfer negotiations but I have now tested at 6mbs with a consistantly reproducable situation.

Sorry, but I'm not getting what you try to do :/
What's that content provider that needs you to download and not stream. Do you want to download that content in XBMC?
What are the "location settings for the file repository"? You won't be able to write to the root folder ("/"), you'll need to use frontrow's home folder.

Still, XBMC shouldn't crash, so xbmc.log and crashreporter.log would be most helpful.

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Errors Status 4 downloading files0