xbmc keeps asking for password-user name; can anyone help?
Same thing happened to me. Come to find out it was because I had to enable the Guest account on the pc I was hosting from. Hope this helps!
I have tried everything on this thread. I cannot find a way to get the live sign in assistant though Sad There are no downloads for that. All I get pointed to is Bing Bar whatever that is :/ .

I installed and uninstalled that and nothing changed. I think it may be a bug in xbmc for powerpc as the windows 7 machine saw the smb share fine and didnt even prompt for the password.

Just to be clear I have a windows 7 computer hosting the files and im trying to access them using an ibook with mac os x leopard. The annoying thing is that if I add the server through mac os x i can just select it in Volumes fine, its the login through xbmc that messes up. Leopard handles the login stuff a lot better than xbmc. Is there any way of outsourcing that functionality to the os so the dialogue box to login opens up from the os rather than this Lock settings box
one thing you can try is click start type workgroup in the text box select change workgroup name, click on network ID then click on this is a home computer, after clicking ok it should prompt you to reboot and by doing so hopefully your shares issue should be fixed. Another thing to check actually solved my problem yesterday, right click your internet connection in the task bar select network and sharing center, if there is anything along with your default internet connection disable it, I think my issue came about when I installed sun virtual box. Hope this helps.

H
I had this issue starting form nowhere last night - in the end I used username Everyone and a blank password and that solved the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc keeps asking for password-user name; can anyone help?0