Red speaker symbol in corner
Hi,
I seem to have activated something by accident as I have a red speaker symbol with a slash through it appear on my top right corner. I cannot get this to disappear and it overlays on all menus and whilst watching videos. I have aslo discovered that my music is now not playing. If I go into a movie that uses Dolby or DTS then the sound is fine but it appears to be anything that utilises mp3 audio. Anybody know how to switch the speaker off? I presume it's a mute button from somewhere
Try repeatedly pressing '+' on your keyboard to increase volume.
Or run 'alsamixer' from the terminal and see if the output is muted.
That's the "mute" symbol - unmute XBMC
Thanks for the help! I plugged in a USB keyboard and tapped the + whilst on the main menu and the volume increased. Well done guys
I am using OpenELEC on RPi 2.99.2 and the red icon appeared while using the navigation keys on TV remote. Had to connect keyboard and press + key, as suggested here. If this is an old bug, why is it coming back?
Welcome to the XBMC forums .

Maybe one of the buttons you pressed on the remote is the Mute button?
Thank-you, I didn't realize it was my 1st post. I actually registered several months back.

No, the mute button on the remote (TV set is a Samsung) does not map to the XBMC mute command. To be sure I also checked that not any other button on remote was mapped to that function. And even if it was mapped to, you would expect that there are other commands on XBMC interface to unmute (e.g. the VCR command strip, which contains play controls has a mute button). Only connecting a keyboard and pressing + got rid of that.
Suggestion: make the red icon active (clickable).
I'm useing an ensync remote with my box.....red mute symbol popped up! As if from nowhere!!!! I panicked a little then realised it was so sim
....simple.....there IS a speaker mute button on the remote... Press it to bring up the on screen display....use tracker pad and hover mouse arrow over the volume slider that has appeared on screen.....use left click icon button on remote then slide volume up.
There was absolutely no reason for you to bump a 3 year old thread

Edit: Make that a 6 year old thread

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Red speaker symbol in corner0