MCE remote and Camelot
Just trying out an MCE remote since I am having trouble getting the Hauppauge HD-PVR IRRemote to work reliably. It seem like my IR Repeater is overpwering the IR reciever on the HD PVR.

Anyway the MCE remote is very reliable with the IR Repeater so now it is a matter of getting it to work correctly with XBMC and BeyondTV.

I was surprised to see that Camelot supported the MCE remote directly but I noticed a couple of problems.

In Movies, Videos, Pictures and Music, the back button on the remote successfully returns to the previous menu.

In Weather, Favorites and Settings the back button doesn't return to the previous menu so there is no way to get back to the main menu with the remote.

Seems kind of odd that it works in some locations in XBMC and not in others. I thought it might be a skin issue (I normally use Transparency) but swithing to PM3.HD produced the same symptoms

Is this problem fixed by the registry patches in MCERemote.xip discussed in other threads?

Take Care
What remote are you using?

JR
I just switched from the Hauppauge IR remote to the EHome IR remote with the Adaptec AVS-3610 dual recorder.

It is interesting the the back function key works from some locations within XBMC and not with others.

I have considered going the registry patchs discussed in other messages but don't want to break the MCE support in the other applications I use that use the remote.

Take Care
Run Showkey (from mceremote.zip) and see what the back button is sending. It will normally send a "backspace" keypress.

It is weird that it works in some places but not others. Have you modified your keyboard.xml file? It's possible to achieve this effect by modifying keyboard.xml.

Finally if (and only if) your remote is MS compatible, running Remote-Sendkeys.reg retains compatability with Windows Media Center because it configures the remote to send the standard Media Center keyboard shortcuts.

JR
ShowKey indicates the back button on the remote sends 166 VK_Browser_Back.

As I indicated this retruns to the main menu from Movies, Videos, Pictures and Music but it doesn't work for Weather, Favorites and Settings.

I haven't modified keyboard.xml.
I have the same issue, i can use my back button a few times and then it just stops responding and i cannot get back again.

I hadn't noticed it was on particular screens, It's just been pissing me as i have to keep getting up and use the mouse to go back a screen.
ShowKey indicates the back button on the remote sends 166 VK_Browser_Back.

As I indicated this retruns to the main menu from Movies, Videos, Pictures and Music but it doesn't work for Weather, Favorites and Settings.
ijourneaux Wrote:ShowKey indicates the back button on the remote sends 166 VK_Browser_Back.

I haven't modified keyboard.xml.

Ah, VK_Browser_Back is a slightly eccentric key for the remote to send. I take it this is some third party remote not an MS one.

The quick and easy fix is to get an MS remote instead. Alternatively it should be possible to modify the keyboard.xml to make VK_Browser_Back execute the backspace action. I'm currently away from my PC so I don't have a copy of XBMC to hand, but the xbmc.org/wiki has articles on modifying keyboard.xml, or ask in this forum.

JR
This is the remote that came with an Adaptec AVC-3610 dual tuner. I will take a look at the wiki to see if I can figure out how to change the xml file.

Really apprecaite the help.
jhsrennie Wrote:Ah, VK_Browser_Back is a slightly eccentric key for the remote to send. I take it this is some third party remote not an MS one.

The quick and easy fix is to get an MS remote instead.

JR

Not sure that's an easy fix, is there a reason it works in most menu's and not some, surely that sounds like xbmc issue and not remote control? I have the same issues with my iPhone remote.
I agree. It seems odd that XBMC responds one way in certain parts of the program and a different way in another part.

I looked at the remote.xml and keyboard.xml. I think I could find what to change but unsure that I would know what to change it to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote and Camelot0