[LINUX] IR receiver stopsworking with WI-FI traffic
First up, this is not an XBMC problem, but more a Ubuntu issue that's driving me nuts. I've exhausted the limits of my limited Linux knowledge and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out where to start with this.

I have a ASROCK 330HT running Ubuntu minimal 2.6.31-17. The problem is that the integrated IR receiver stops receiving signals from the remote when traffic over wi-fi starts. I have the latest IR drivers from ASROCK and everything works perfectly until that is, I startup deluge or SFTP files. As the bandwidth increases, the number of received IR signals decreases until it gets to a point where nothing is received. I'm testing it using IRW. So it seems it definitely related to the wifi. It doesn't make any sense, why would wifi traffic affect IR?

I've gotten zero response from ASROCK about this problem. I'm guessing it's a IR receiver driver issue but I've no idea how I'd go about confirming.

Can any Linux guru help me figure this conundrum out? Sad

Peace
10 months later, still driving me nuts! *bump*
stinkupuss Wrote:10 months later, still driving me nuts! *bump*

Ebay...MCE IR Receiver...it's time to pull the plug on the integrated receiver.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
i've read somewhere around here that the integrated IR of the asus likes to do some kind of IRQ changing after rebooting which the linux kernel is not really fond of. I may be wrong and mixing something up, but you could try to ask in the appropriate thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61840
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Either that, or if the torrents are really hammering the machine it may be dropping the IR.

Whats top / messages / dmesg saying when it happens?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] IR receiver stopsworking with WI-FI traffic0