• 127(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited
Cashtro Wrote:Hello,

For people who use XBMC Live and like to upgrade to Nightly Build? I made this nice guide!

Easy 3 steps guide

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
Code:
sudo apt-get update
Code:
sudo apt-get upgrade

Please let me know if it works and good luck!

Regards
CaShtrOo

Works just fine, same way I usually upgrade.
Keep in mind when using sudo apt-get upgrade it'll update a LOT of packages first time, including lirc. My suggestion for people not comfortable doing extra config, use sudo apt-get install xbmc instead ;-)
Might have to reinstall nvidia drivers as well, but that's no biggie.
ynwa
CUSTOM MENUS still broken using ar 2.94 and Mar 19th nightly official master. I have items missing never mind them not launching! hitcher?? help!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled skin no change.
Pseudo TV script and Advanced Launcher as a favourite has registered but none of the other 3 menus are appearing.
Thanks for the howto with live version but after updating to compiled 19 march an error always pops up on the home menu. Error Script Failed Recentlyadded.py

Why is that? I can see that the script still is in the addond folder.
drago Wrote:Thanks for the howto with live version but after updating to compiled 19 march an error always pops up on the home menu. Error Script Failed Recentlyadded.py

Why is that? I can see that the script still is in the addond folder.

Check the stickies -

[DOWNLOAD] Recently Added script for Nightlies
master345 Wrote:CUSTOM MENUS still broken using ar 2.94 and Mar 19th nightly official master. I have items missing never mind them not launching! hitcher?? help!

Pseudo TV script and Advanced Launcher as a favourite has registered but none of the other 3 menus are appearing.

All work perfectly fine here using the latest build so without more info I can't help much.

PS I take it you've re-added them and are not just trying to launch from the broken version.
All my video-addons are all broke now with the new update.

Mine aren't.

It works when I go to the video-on on folder but via custom Items it doesnt work

Solution:
Had to turn off all custom items and reconfigure them
master345 Wrote:CUSTOM MENUS still broken using ar 2.94 and Mar 19th nightly official master. I have items missing never mind them not launching! hitcher?? help!

I have the exactly same problem after last skin update (today to 2.9.4), xbmc
xbmc-r1d845da-master, custom home items simply went missing, they are enabled on alaska settings.
<removed> - my issue was unrelated
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
@Hitcher : Is that the 'Aeon'-Theme?
seg7 Wrote:I have the exactly same problem after last skin update (today to 2.9.4), xbmc
xbmc-r1d845da-master, custom home items simply went missing, they are enabled on alaska settings.

You try turning off all the custom items and then reconfigurating them? worked for me
adriank99 Wrote:You try turning off all the custom items and then reconfigurating them? worked for me

I actually deleted Alaska completely to see what was what and my guisettings.xml too.

I reinstalled Alaska and all my custom menus were obviously blank. I added 4 custom menus and only 2 were appearing even though there are 4 and they are still appearing in the custom menu settings but not the home menu itself. No favourites or playlists seem to work specifically. I even tried reconfigurating a custom home menu item #1 that DOES appear in the home menu (its an addon) with a favourite thinking it was to do with the order (ex: custom menu 1 or custom menu 2 only work) but no luck.
Tried to disable them, reconfigure it, no dice... all of the custom homes are playlists.
Right, hopefully launching Favourites and/or Playlists should now be working as well.
  • 127(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited8