Scale Apple TV Video Playback?
Hi,

I recently bought a Apple TV and installed XBMC 9.11/Boxee on it. I can stream all my movies (.avi) and series (also .avi) to the Apple via my wireless and thanks to the perian component. Only problem is, that my movies only shows in the middle of the screen (Widescreen). Is there any way that I can scale it to fit my screen (remove the blackbars) or just get really close to it? I have a 40" Full HD Tv with a HDMI cable running from the AppleTV to my TV. I would really appreciate it, if someone can help me, as the blackbars can be really irritating while I watch movies.

Just some extra info, if I convert it to .mp4, it works prefectly (scaled and fitted to my 40") Only problem is, that I would really like to able to get this same effect or close?
Thanks

danill2008
While playing a video, access the OSD, then you should go to video settings(camera icon) and from there you can choose from either zooming or aspect ratio. The changes you apply will only affect the current video.

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
Hi,

Thnx for the reply ;-) I figured it out shortly after you posted
That works great, also set it to the default for all video from the OSD.

But now I was wondering if there is any way I can let XBMC automatically update my library every X minutes or when I add media to a source? This would be a great help, then I don't have to update it manually every time I add media. I saw other threads for this, but found nothing for the atv or a workable solution...
Can anyone help me please? I would really appreciate it, as this would bring my ATv another step closer to perfection ;-)
Thnx
The answer is short... No
Considering how long it take to scan all the folders(sources) every time, it isn't a good idea, you are much better off doing it manually.

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
Ok. Thanks for the reply. I also tried installing a web browser, but found nothing for XBMC. Is there any browsers for XBMC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scale Apple TV Video Playback?0