ATV Stacking Problem
JuanTwo Wrote:Yes, I have two one that is working and one that doesn't. I apologize for not mentioning that the ATV in question is in my bedroom and that there is actually a second.

Ok, so what's different between the two ATVs.
The atv that is working is hardwired, the one that isnt working is wireless....
Unfortunately that may have nothing to do with your problem. Try it wired and see the problem persists. Also, just for informational purposes the ATV wireless is pretty horrible.
I am running it wired now. Same problem. I actually never had any problems with my wireless ATV. All movies ran smoothly with the exception of the forementioned two parters. Back to my problem, I tried removing the video source and re-adding but no difference. It actually made things worse. I now cannot add television shows. All of my shows are named exactly as they appear in IMDBTV (my TV scraper) and yet only some of them show up.... and the ones that are recognized, dont show any episodes or are even incomplete titles (Law and Order SVU = Law). I even duplicated my changes on xbmc running on the mac mini, and the tv shows do not show up now. This whole process is just really frustrating. I do want to ask this, I know it isnt a question pertaining directly to this particular problem, but what is the best sharing method for the XBMC systems? I am thinking about buying a 8gb raid capable NAS with gigabit network card and a new N standard gigabit router. Would this be a better server setup than running SMB sharing on a Mac Mini? I think I am going to just rebuild my system from the ground up and hopefully get some better results, thank you all for all of your help.

P.S. Davilla, you mentioned 10.6.3 has sharing issues.... anyway to fix that? Anything in the works? thanks...
JuanTwo Wrote:P.S. Davilla, you mentioned 10.6.3 has sharing issues.... anyway to fix that? Anything in the works? thanks...

Nothing we can do, it's a 10.6 problem. 10.6 seems to have messed up SMB sharing in several ways. Google knows, there are several tweeks to smb.conf to fix various things. But if one ATV works and the other has problems, this would seem to point at something with the troublesome atv rather than your 10.6 SMB sharing.

I'd nuke userdata, use Launcher to reinstall XBMC, then see what results that gives. It's important to use Launcher to reinstall as it adds some atv specific things.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV Stacking Problem0