Pinetrail + Broadcomm Crystal HD = HD Playback?
Hey Guys,

I have a spare Intel D510MO. Its a nice passive pinetrail board with a mini-pcie slot. I am considering ordering the Broadcomm Crystal card and using it as a passive mini-HTPC with a small SSD to access network storage.

- Can I expect smooth 720P playback? I don't have a 1080P screen so I don't really care, but should it also be able to play 1080?

- I am only concerned with XBMC playback, don't really care about other programs

- Is there any benefit to running on Linux over windows 7?

- Will the broadcomm card be officially supported by XBMC? Right now it seems like a bit of a work around, and definitely a work in progress. I want to make sure that 100% support IS intended in the future so that I am not stuck with an otherwise essentially useless platform.

- Would it be smarter to wait for the ION2 pinetrail platforms?

Thanks
Latest XBMC change supports HD acceleration via VAAPI which is supported on intel pineview.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61043
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Humm, Looks like I have a test platform (Intel D510MO) to compare VAAPI against CrystalHD. CrystalHD works fine for me under the Intel D510MO.
Any word on how VA-API compares to an nVidia VDPAU alternative?
so what happens when you have pinetrail AND the crystal HD card?

Which one gets used?

is pinetrail on its own capable of 1080p?
My understanding they stunted the HDMI output to 720p - which is weird. But it should decode 1080p. Just would need to add a PCI-E video card... or use D-sub for video...
magnetik Wrote:My understanding they stunted the HDMI output to 720p - which is weird. But it should decode 1080p. Just would need to add a PCI-E video card... or use D-sub for video...

Intel D510MO does not have a pci-e slot. It has one pci slot and one mini pci-e slot.
davilla Wrote:Intel D510MO does not have a pci-e slot. It has one pci slot and one mini pci-e slot.

And also no HDMI port...
vinistois Wrote:And also no HDMI port...

Think you quoted the wrong person Smile
lol
Yeah correct no HDMI on that board, but I was thinking of the Zotac NM10-DTX, which has the D510, and HDMI (stunted to 720p) - which from memory is due to a chipset restriction.

http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-nm10-dtx-w...board.html
thats a neat board.

I think I'll just wait for ion2. The netbooks are already coming out, it won't be long before we have a pinetrail/ion2 platform.

I realized HDMI output is pretty important to me and the 510 lacking a DVI port makes that impossible.

I would also really like something with 12V on-board.
davilla Wrote:Humm, Looks like I have a test platform (Intel D510MO) to compare VAAPI against CrystalHD. CrystalHD works fine for me under the Intel D510MO.

Did you get a chance to compare ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
CrashX Wrote:Did you get a chance to compare ?

not yet.
davilla Wrote:Humm, Looks like I have a test platform (Intel D510MO) to compare VAAPI against CrystalHD. CrystalHD works fine for me under the Intel D510MO.

You can play 1080p content with no problems? I have that motherboard and no PCI-e mini card, but playing 1080p is impossible, it lags a lot. (In Linux).

I'm compilig the GIT trunk right now, but without CrystalHD. Big mistake? EDIT: No, given that I don't have the Broadcomm card, CrystalHD would be useless.

But.. you can play 1080p just fine with the pineview D510?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pinetrail + Broadcomm Crystal HD = HD Playback?0