Sql query's
i'm a total noob when it comes to python. i've got some script ideas but in order to do them i need to if and how it's possible to access an sql database with the current python install on xbmc?

anyone know? if so what are the connection strings? ii can take it from there.

thanks, any info would be appreciated.
hi
it would be wonderful to get acces to a database inside xbmc...but i don't think it is possible right now (there are 2 db, one for the music albums, the other for the video)

as for a sql database over the internet, just write the correct php page taht you will download with python, and then parse. this php page can return for example, a xml file. then just parse it with dom.minidom
should be possible now, but haven't tested it
somewhere on the internet there is a sql python extension (python file with the extension *.pyd) floating around. iirc it was a python extension from mysql, called something like my_sql.pyd
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

aiiet, cool thanks darkie i'll give that a try and see what i come up with.
well.. the "_mysql.pyd" works fine with my windows install of python, but doesnt seem to work with the xbmc install..copied the files over and my same script causes the xbox to freeze.. any ideas?
set your loglevel to the highest one possible (in xboxmediacenter.xml) and try it again.
after that openup xbmc.log or xbmc.log.old and post the interesting stuff here, most of the time it are the last lines of the log. in this case you have to look probably for 'resolving symbol erros' and 'unresolved symbol called' messages too
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i found this in the "python and mythtv, pure python interface to mythtv backend" thread. it is a tar file containing the mysql python module that madtw wrote... it also includes the pysmb modules for accessing smb/cifs remote file systems.

mp

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sql query's0