720P and 1080i not working new user
Question 
Hello everyone;

i just softmodded my orginal xbox (v1.6 i think, it's a crystal xbox), using the ms drive, with xboxhdm and ndure. I'm currently running t3ch latest stable release as of yesterday

I have monster component cables hooked up to my TV which supports upto 1080P, I have 720P and 1080i selected in the default M$ dash, and can select them in XBMC, although it never seems to save that information in XBMC. when i try to select my resolution to 720P the screen just goes black.

it put xunleashed on it as the default, but since this is a media machine i replaced the dash that wash found in e:\dash with XBMC, and got rid of xunleashed (i think).

now it is also worth mentioning that then i try to go to the default M$ dash, it takes me to the live settings right away and I can't get to the main menus of the original dash.

Luckily for me I backed up what I deleted in e:\dash so I don't mind if i have to put it all back if i did something wrong.

I'm pretty new to all of this, and any help is massively appreciated, i'm not a techno neophyte, just new to all of this, if you need any other information please let me know

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Kali
You shouldnt have to do anything on the M$ dash anymore... just select 720p within XBMC... dont bother with 1080i - no modern skin is going to run on the Xbox at that res without problems...

If it just goes blank are you sure your TV supports it?

Always leave Unleash/Evo etc on your Xbox as well especially if its a softmod....

I take it your Xbox is NTSC and not PAL as well... Huh
Question 
Yes it is an NTSC.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/s...etailspecs

the above link is the TV is it running on.

I wonder if maybe i should roll back a bit and put Xunleashed back on.

I do have a question thou, it was put into the dash folder, is there a way to leave that there but have the xbox load up xmbc as default instead ?

The reason I ask is that it is for my son, as a media player in his room and really I don't want him to muddle too much.

Now I don't know if it matters at all but for NDURE, i did select the feature where it will force 480p when items are trying to use 480i, I don't know if that would cause the problem, is it possible to edit a config file and disable that feature.

cheers,

Kali
KalistoCA Wrote:I do have a question thou, it was put into the dash folder, is there a way to leave that there but have the xbox load up XBMC as default instead ?

The reason I ask is that it is for my son, as a media player in his room and really I don't want him to muddle too much.

Now I don't know if it matters at all but for NDURE, i did select the feature where it will force 480p when items are trying to use 480i, I don't know if that would cause the problem, is it possible to edit a config file and disable that feature.

cheers,

Kali

yes, read the t3ch readme for info on how to use the shortcut.
you don't need the force 480p, at least i've never used that. normal mod is fine. not sure if you need to uninstall/reinstall the softmod, perhaps someone else can tell you.
you do need your MS dash working to set the video options, afaik.
Any idea what would cause me not to be able to access the main M$ dashboard menu, the only part I can access is the LIVE account management which is pretty pointless now anyway.

I'm gonna take xmbc off and make sure I can get ti back to a state where everything worked pre xbmc.

then forward,

Further suggestions always welcome and appreciated.

Cheers,

Kali
pretty sure the live dash and the main dash are different xbe files, and you're starting the wrong one? ndure mod (at least Krayzie's i know) has an uninstall menu, although you can probably resolve this just by fixing/finding the ms dash.
Alright,

So I took xmbc off for now, left with unleashedX and krazyies ndure, now I can access the full M$ dash, I have a new (read n00b) problem. when i go to make sure my ms dash is set to have all the HD settings to YES (480p, 720p, and 1080i) it takes them until I reboot then it resets to 480p yes, I'm pretty certian that this is because of the force 480p on 480i content on ndure install.

Is there a file I can edit, and disable that feature, to eliminate the possibility. Unless you can think of another reason why it is doing that

Thanks for your patience in advance.

Cheers,

Kali
http://wiki-scene.com/EEPROM_%28Xbox%29#Virtual_EEPROMs
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
http://wiki-scene.com/EEPROM_%28Xbox%29#Virtual_EEPROMs
Bomb Bloke I will fly to AU to hug you.

This worked perfectly. You have made my day.

Thank you so much

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
720P and 1080i not working new user0