Playback problems with myth source
I've just updated my mythtv backend to 0.22 (mandriva 2010.0) and consequently had to update the version of XBMC on my xbox to something more recent.

I've used the latest T3ch build (2010.4.27) , and while it connects to the backend and retrieves the programme data, there are 2 issues:

1. It once again defaults to dvdplayer despite the advancedsettings.xml already being configured to mplayer. Other videos on an smb source do use mplayer by default.

2. Forcing a playback to use mplayer does start the video playing, but it's horrendously slow and jerky. This is on a 100mb/FD network and used to work brilliantly before the upgrade.

Any suggestions? Which was the earliest T3ch build that supported myth 0.22 protocol?
Ok, so I've rolled back to the previous T3ch build (2010.03.10) and that one defaults to mplayer ok.

I've also resolved the jerky playback, which was a problem with the mythbackend server network adapter. Since upgrading that machine, the LAN side interface was going up and down when set to 1Gb/FD, but when set to 100Mb/FD, although it was staying up consistently, it was passing traffic horrendously slowly.
I swapped over the WAN and LAN interfaces and it's been fine since at 1Gb/FD

So to sum up, there's a problem in the latest T3ch build where it's defaulting to dvdplayer for myth protocol, even when the advancedsettings.xml says to use mplayer.
It would appear that's intentional. Don't know what EDL is, though...
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
Hmm what a PITA, dvdplayer has always been far worse for me :-(

EDL is Edit Decision List (I think) which provides auto-skipping of commercial breaks.

Might see how well dvdplayer is working now, if I'm going to be stuck with it in future Undecided

Thanks for finding that change.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback problems with myth source0