[WINDOWS] XBMC not on full screen when returning from TV
I'm using XBMC 9.11 with the latest SVN on Windows 7.
The PC is connected to a reciever (Yamaha RX-V863) with HDMI cable and from there to the TV (LG plasma screen) with HDMI cable.
When I switch the TV from HDMI input (XBMC) to TV and then return back to the HDMI, XBMC goes out of full screen mode and appears in a small window on the corner of the screen (I see the Windows desktop).
In order to switch it back to full screen mode I have to restart XBMC.

What can I do in order to keep XBMC in full screen all the time?
This happens to me too... Anyone have any ideas? My video card is a AMD/ATI Radeon 6870 if that helps...
Star 
Using the \ slash key on the keyboard you can easily toggle between FS and windowed. XBMC remembers the last window size...

full screen on start: in userdata/advancedsettings and XBMC will always come up full screen.

<advancedsettings>
<fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
</advancedsettings>
PatK Wrote:Using the \ slash key on the keyboard you can easily toggle between FS and windowed. XBMC remembers the last window size...

full screen on start: in userdata/advancedsettings and XBMC will always come up full screen.

<advancedsettings>
<fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
</advancedsettings>

PatK, I think you're misunderstanding the problem. XBMC is already in full screen mode, and I'm not exiting it at all. All I'm doing is turning off the receiver (like the OP, my PC is connected to a receiver) and TV. When I turn the receiver back on, XBMC is no longer fullscreen, (and before you ask, no it is not being restarted, this is still the original instance) it is stuck on some corner of the screen in a tiny window (though it is *not* in windowed mode... the behavior is almost like it's in full screen mode at 640x480, as hitting the slash button at this point switches XBMC to a proper windowed mode, and hitting the slash button a second time corrects the issue, and XBMC is back at fullscreen 1080p)
I did some more searching and ran into this elsewhere in the XBMC forum:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103516

I'm going to give tightVNC a try and see if it helps with my issue... It seems like mixed results on the other thread, but it's probably worth a shot..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XBMC not on full screen when returning from TV0