Smart TV Playlists
Hi,

Something i would love is to have a smart playlist (for TV shows) that would filter for only unwatched episodes but not group the series together but create an either random assortment of shows or separate them by genre. I would also want to ensure that the playlist would not play a newer episode then the last one i watched. So should i have watched show.a.S01E09 and show.b.S04E04 and show.c.S07E22 --- The playlist would play next show.a.S01E10 and show.b.S04E05 and show.c.S08E01.

Currently what happens is it sorts them numerically so Show.a.s01e01 show.b.s01e01 etc.

Is this possible?

Basically i want to create my own TV channel, so when i get home i can just click play on the playlist and it will play all the shows that i have not watched, like flicking to your favourite broadcast TV channel that shows all your favourite shows.

Im not sure i am explaining what i want to achive so i will try below:

Ideal Situation:

show.a.s01e01
show.b.s06e07
show.c.s10e22
show.d.s01e04

Not:

show.a.s01e01
show.d.s01e04
show.b.s06e07
show.c.s10e22

Or:

show.a.s01e01
show.a.s01e02
show.a.s01e03
show.b.s06e07
show.b.s06e08
show.b.s06e09
etc.

Is this possible with playlists or would this be a feature request?
ASRock Ion 330 | 6TB Drobo | Pioneer PDP-4270XD (s/pdif) | Sony DAV-DZ810W | Logitech Harmony 885 (MCE remote emulation)| diNovo Mini
You'd need to order the playlist by Show then Season then Episode, limiting it in some way to only 1 episode per show or something.

This is not currently possible - at least not in a dynamic way. You could have a separate smart playlist for each show (limit to 1, unwatched sorted by episode) and then combine these with another smartplaylist sorted by show.

A user interface that would allow such a smartplaylist to be designed would be tricky I think. Essentially the "order by" bit needs to be changed to take multiple order values (show,season,episode) and the "limit by" bit needs to be changed so that you can specify an overall limit and a sub-category limit. I think in either case it requires a double query as far as the SQL is concerned?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart TV Playlists0