Losing network every time i shut or Power down ATV and Comp
I have an external 1tb drive connected to my Macbook Pro with all my movies and TV shows. I set up my ATV to read the drive using SMB and it works fine until i power down the APT or my computer.

I have to add the drive each time but need a different name because cannot delete or remove the old name, eg:

/MEDIA/

/MEDIA-1

/MEDIA-2

It's really annoying and i can't understand why the connection can't re-connect without making a new 'add source'... I can't delete the old sources so it's a pain.

MacBook Pro 10.6.3
APT 3.02
XMBC 9.11
Launcher 3.2.4

Any help please?
crustyjuggler Wrote:I have an external 1tb drive connected to my Macbook Pro with all my movies and TV shows. I set up my ATV to read the drive using SMB and it works fine until i power down the APT or my computer.

I have to add the drive each time but need a different name because cannot delete or remove the old name, eg:

/MEDIA/

/MEDIA-1

/MEDIA-2

It's really annoying and i can't understand why the connection can't re-connect without making a new 'add source'... I can't delete the old sources so it's a pain.

MacBook Pro 10.6.3
APT 3.02
XBMC 9.11
Launcher 3.2.4

Any help please?

seems to be an osx issue,

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2474
Thumbs Up 
You were right about the -1, thanks. I found another problem which also added to the hair pulling..

When i get home sometimes my iphone steals the ip address from the computer via wifi. I just fixed the address manually on the MBP and removed the -1/-2 items in the sharing preference pain and it all works now..

Thanks Davilla

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Losing network every time i shut or Power down ATV and Comp0