[WINDOWS] True fullscreen cuts off half the video
Using any of the latest SVNs I've been having this problem. When using a rue full screen (not in a window), the video appears to be moved to the left to the point that half of the image is off the screen and the right half of the TV is just black.

If I use the fake full screen using a window option, everything appears just fine. Anyone know what might be causing this? Are there any advantages/disadvantages to either mode?

On a side note, I'm getting the occasional dropped frame and/or v-sync issue (frame will flash into the picture). Any ideas as to whether these issues are related?
True fullscreen gives XBMC better control of the graphics card. For certain hardware, this will make playback smoother/more stable/...

Regarding the offset half-screen problem, pastebin a debug log (see sig. for complete instructions).

It would help a lot if you could figure out with which revision this problem started.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'll try to narrow this down better and make sure it's not driver related. I wish I knew what revision started it, but I just tested it again with the most recent SVN and the problem still remains.
I just tried new drivers from nVidia's website and no change. My htpc is using an onboard nVidia 9200 graphics card by the way. Anyone have any thoughts?
A debug log would be helpful.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
here you go:

http://pastebin.com/sFn26sKC

All I did was open xbmc, play a file using the windowed fake fullscreen that works, then change the setting to true fullscreen and play the same video.

Apparently the imdb scraper was removed from this build, so you can ignore all those initial errors.
Upon further inspection, it appears that all of the video is there, but the aspect ratio is wrong or something... look at the screenshot to see what I mean.

This looks a lot like the nVidia issue elupus is tracking down with DXVA.
Please confirm that the image fills the screen normally if you disable DXVA (in Videos-Settings-Playback)
You're right. If I disabe DXVA, the video fills the entire screen correctly... so this is a known bug with DXVA? Do you have a link to the bug report by chance? I'd like to offer any input I can to help develop a solution. Without hardware acceleration, my CPU usage starts to become a problem.
Yes, known bug. It's been reported in the DXVA monster thread but not in Trac, based on a quick search.
I'm not sure that the importance of true fullscreeen was already known.
You could create a ticket in trac (same user/pass as the forums) with the debug log, the screenshot and a link to this thread. Add me as a cc.
done... http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9308
CrystalP Wrote:True fullscreen gives XBMC better control of the graphics card. For certain hardware, this will make playback smoother/more stable/...

Regarding the offset half-screen problem, pastebin a debug log (see sig. for complete instructions).

It would help a lot if you could figure out with which revision this problem started.

Does this only concerns the OpenGL version using shaders ? Or does this also apply to the DirectX version using DXVA2 ?

Thanks
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
I've only tested using DXVA on the DirectX version. I haven't tried the OpenGL version, but I would suspect that it would work okay since the issue appears to be with DXVA.
compcentral Wrote:I've only tested using DXVA on the DirectX version. I haven't tried the OpenGL version, but I would suspect that it would work okay since the issue appears to be with DXVA.

hehe thanks, but what I asked to CrystalP was to know if there is any GPU rendering benefit from the true fullscreen instead of windowed mode on the DirectX version. Smile
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
This is DX specific and it doesn't make any difference to the GPU. Both GL and DX use shaders btw, and they're not optional.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] True fullscreen cuts off half the video0