[WINDOWS] True fullscreen cuts off half the video
This now seems to be fixed as of r30813...

Actually, from the build notes, it looks like this revision may have fixed the glitch?

Revision: 30770
Author: CrystalPT
Date: 2010-06-03 01:41:22
Modified: /trunk/xbmc/WinSystemWin32.cpp
[WIN32] fixed windowed<->fullscreen transition
Bonus Smile Two bugs down. IF that is the fix, it's quite indirect. Last non-working that you tried was 30746 I suppose, and this was only happening in true fullscreen mode, right?
Any driver update or external changes?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I've been trying every unofficial SVN and this was the first to fix it. Yes, it was only a problem in the true fullscreen mode. No recent driver changes. I'm running the most recent nVidia stable drivers at the moment.

I tried it real quick on my lunch break and all was well. I'm back at work right now, but I will do some more extensive testing when I get home.
Well... sadly, I did some more testing and it appears I got a little too excited.

The original 1/2 screen problem still exists for 16:9 content.... however, 4:3 content plays fine (which it just so happens is all that I tested with at lunch time).

Sorry for the false alarm, but maybe this new information will help you narrow down and/or replicate the issue. Sad

Man do I feel dumb now. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up.... lesson learned.

So how do I go about re-opening the ticket?
Just a bump because the same just happened to me on Dharma v10.0 on win7 with DXVA2.

My gfx card is an Nvidia 8800GTS 512. The only thing that I remember changing was in Nvidia Control Panel under "3D Settings" and "Adjust image settings with preview". I had set it to "Use my preference emphasizing: Balanced".

Changed it back to "Let the 3D application decide" and no half screen video anymore.
Thanks mookan that solved my issue. I changed the Nvidia Control Panel settings too and didn't think of it being the culprit.

Switching to 'true full screen' also solved my vertical sync issues for anyone else experiencing tearing.

Shuttle XS35GT/Dharma v10.0/Win7
I can just confirm this. I use a Nividia ION2. The 3D setting needs to be default. Dharma 10 on Win 7 64bit on Shuttle xs35gt.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] True fullscreen cuts off half the video0