gui cosmetics: fade to black before video playback starts
This should be an add-on, or a part of Cinema Experience (if its still called that) its no-way going to end up in Core.
Also, cant imagine this would run particularly well on lower powered devices, of which many struggle with the basic GUI anyway.

Talk to skin designers, Phenominal is full of this sort of thing and maybe a nice addon for that skin.

But as most abvove had said - this is never going to end up in core code.
(2014-02-25, 17:38)Memphiz Wrote: osx fades to / from black during resolution switching already *ducks and runs*

It's in there already Wink, somewhere, but right now not available for the linux variant of Kodi (can't speak for Windows).
I may have mis-understood but i took what memphiz was saying to mean that OSX does this when switching screen res in the OS. Not within Kodi.
But i could be wrong.

Either way - this doesnt belong in the core code.
They are trying to reduce the code base as much as possible - so a GUI tweak like this is just never going to make it.

You may get quicker results speaking with addon / skin devs

Just my 2 cents Smile
its an osx only feature in kodi and makes use of special osx apis... not sure if its even possible in a similar way on linux but tbh - its a totally useless "feature" in the end...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Another vote for this, 8 years after the original request (not that it makes a difference, perhaps). I've seen it done on other programs by the way, it's definitely not some niche, extravagant idea, I guess it's just most people don't care about the overall look to this extent of polish.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gui cosmetics: fade to black before video playback starts0