Force XBMC to use NFO files?
Is there a way to force XBMC to always, always, use NFO files and never try to pull any information from IMDB, TMDB etc.

I keep my local NFO files meticulously maintained and I'd like to have XBMC only use the NFO files -- I don't want it ever looking at anything on the Internet.

Despite what I've read, it seems XBMC still does some snooping even if you already have an NFO file. For example, I'm currently trying to add a movie to my library, which already has an NFO file, but in my debug log, XBMC shows that it tries to query TMDB to find the movie title. Since this is a rare movie (that's why I use my own NFO files), it isn't on TMDB, so XBMC reports that it won't add the movie because it can't find the title on TMDB. Why isn't it just using my NFO file? I can add my debug log if someone thinks this is a bug. I'm more interested though in finding out if there is any way to stop XBMC from performing any network scrapes period.

Thanks.
My understanding was that the nfo file SHOULD prevent the scrape. Post the debug log. Perhaps a dev will have an answer.
I use a local scraper that I found on this forum several months ago. The scraper is called something like localNFO and can be used for both movies and tv shows.

If I recall correctly, this is just a dummy scraper. It can be selected in your list of scrapers. Since the dummy scraper takes no action, XBMC has no option other than your nfo files.

I can't seem to find the tread, so you may have to do a little searching around the forum.
Could it be... http://www.noizemm.ch/xbmc/videoscrapers/localnfo.zip
(download and copy in the XBMC folder under 'system\scrapers\video')

Wink

(all greetings going to Noize)
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
This is what I'm trying to solve. Take a look here - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71339

I'm looking at the code, but I'm trying to get the scraper to look at the nfo file and stop. I think I found some issues in the code, but I'm not 100% sure yet till I trace the code.
It will use the .nfo file first, as long as the naming convention matches for whatever your attempting to load.

The debug log will show if it finds the .nfo file for it.

I.e. if you using "Use Folder Names for Lookups", it'll check for movie.nfo first, then filename.nfo (there's more naming conventions that work as well, check out the wiki for xbmc for more info)

If you don't have that selected and only have movie.nfo files, it's not going to load the data from the .nfo file.

For tv shows, remove the URL from episodeguideurl field and episodeguide field in the tvshow.nfo file and it won't query for new episodes.

It will check for images via the URL in the .nfo file as well if the image is missing, so you might want to remove those from the .nfo files as well.

hope that helps,
- fekker
Key here is "should", there have been reports recently of xbmc failing to scrape nfo's while offline.
ThisIsAnonymous, what revision are you running?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
does this come as an addon? would be great, for some reason it sometimes pulls info from internet instead of nfo
I am using Live 9.11. Library update is ignoring existing NFO files and dowloading from the web.

I am aware of the localNFO dummy scraper, and have used it successfully on Windows 9.11.

Can someone please tell me a) if the LocalNFO scraper will work with Live 9.11?, and b) how to install the LocalNFO scraper on Live 9.11? Sorry if b is a dumb question, but I am a complete novice on all things linux.

I have upgraded my Windows install to Dharma4 which (without the LocalNFO scraper) does appear to use the existing NFOs. I'm not keen to upgrade the Live box to Dharma until thats GA'd

TIA
D2K

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force XBMC to use NFO files?0